Lionel Messi - v7

blackrum

When it comes to Messi there is few more reliable than her. She's got close connections to his family.

I never got why players would be fine with journalists who have close ties with them or are friends publishing information about spicy personal subjects like this - unless, of course, it's their way of deliberately leaking info.

BADGERBHOY

Should have maximized it year or two ago then. Hard to ask 100+m for 33 year old with 9 months left to his contract. We can sit him on bench to teach him a lesson, or go to court, but both options are terrible.

It's not really. He's no ordinary 33 years old player.
Sitting him on the bench is not an option I agree with but if we have to go to court then we have to do it, legend or otherwise.

Rory

70m fair price. 33. 1 year on contract, massive wage saving. Can't believe people expect more money when also calling messi one of the biggest problems of the club. Which is it?

Leong157

IMO, most of Argentina sources are more reliable than usual for this case. It seem like Messi entourage leak the news to Argentina side and try to avoid using Spanish one.

Hardy

It's not. It comes from the same source that first broke that Messi was going to leave.

whatever it's fake or not I find hilarious the scenario that Messi doesn't know already where he'll play next season. I think a player like Messi can't make such decision in just a couple of days. He made already his choice and since weeks likely

blaugrana1987

It's not really. He's no ordinary 33 years old player.
Sitting him on the bench is not an option I agree with but if we have to go to court then we have to do it, legend or otherwise.
Getting 30-40m + BIG money for CL/PL with 9 months of contract is MUCH better then leaving him on bench and letting him for free in 9 months time. That is absurd what you people are saying.

We have no choice, we have to sit and get solid money + big clause for winning and thats it. What do we need Messi for if we are not winning anything guarated in next 2-3 years? Thats Messi's thinking...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
IF Messi really speak out within the next few hours, it's almost 100% he is leaving.

Veronica broke the news about this first. If she is right about Messi speaking, she will probably right about him leaving regardless of Barto.

At this point the signs are all pointing to him leaving. It will take a miracle for him to change his mind (probably promises by the board to keep the amigos, get Neymar and other signings), I think fans need to be prepared.

For me I'd rather get this over with soon. And I have changed my position on the fee thing, I think it would be better for us to get paid.

Mistyoptic

I imagine Messi can tell board

"Look, I am unhappy. I have 2-3 years of football left and we do not have chance to fight for trophies in next 2-3 years, basically making all of my effort redundant. I want to go to project which is ready to win (albeit not favorite), and you guys can start with building new generation".

Even before this it made no sense to build a squad around 32 year old Messi.

If its not free transfer its next year for free anyway. This is why Ronaldo was sold for 100m.

1) Juve really wanted him
2) He was nowhere near as big of a legend there as Messi is here, not even close
3) He had more years on his contract

'I want to go to a project which is ready to win...and where my fat, old, and slow best mate who can hardly move, finish or contribute is a starter every week.'

Hardy

tier 1 confirm

TV3 advances and we can confirm that Bartomeu would indeed resign and take a step beside the presidency if Messi publicly says that he would stay if Bartomeu leaves.
@Alfremartinezz

Leong157

Wow, Barto at his best form. Having TV3 saying he will resign if Messi publicly announce that he is the problem.

- If Messi did, he will look less terrible. "I sacrifice myself for the club and Messi"

- If Messi did not. "See, I'm not the main problem"

BADGERBHOY

Getting 30-40m + BIG money for CL/PL with 9 months of contract is MUCH better then leaving him on bench and letting him for free in 9 months time. That is absurd what you people are saying.

We have no choice, we have to sit and get solid money + big clause for winning and thats it. What do we need Messi for if we are not winning anything guarated in next 2-3 years? Thats Messi's thinking...

Eh? I think you should re-read what I said. I don't agree with leaving him on the bench.
He has to go now but I think we can do better than the sort of offer you're suggesting, given that there will be plenty of clubs who would love to have him.

raskolnikov

tier 1 confirm

TV3 advances and we can confirm that Bartomeu would indeed resign and take a step beside the presidency if Messi publicly says that he would stay if Bartomeu leaves.
@Alfremartinezz
He probably knows Messi made up his mind. He should leave regardless.

Devils

The reliable Catalan journos i.e. Alfredo Martinez and Sique Rodriguez (of whom don't work for MD) are all running with the story that if Messi agrees to stay then Barto will resign immediately

Circus FC, we have arrived.

Home of Barca Fans