Lionel Messi - v7

soul24rage

Wow, Barto at his best form. Having TV3 saying he will resign if Messi publicly announce that he is the problem.

- If Messi did, he will look less terrible. "I sacrifice myself for the club and Messi"

- If Messi did not. "See, I'm not the main problem"

Yep, Barto is the master in politics.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's not. It comes from the same source that first broke that Messi was going to leave.

PSG can offer more money-wise but if Messi doesn't want to go there (I'd think he will favor Pep and Aguero over Neymar) it is meaningless.

From our perspective of course whoever offers more should take him but in the end it will be whatever Messi wants, City it is.

xxxxxx

PSG have come in with a last minute offer that Man City cannot make due to Financial Fair Play rules. [tycsports]

Interesting

That's bullshit. Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani, Marquinhos and Di Maria are all on big salaries there. There's no way they can also afford to pay for Messi's salary without breaking the FFP. Considering Man City have a lot of money, their wage structure is actually pretty decent. They only pay around 135m euros a year in salaries. PSG pay over 300m a year in salaries.... and that's without Thiago Silva's salary.

Besides, Man City play much better football, and they have Pep and Aguero there. Let's be honest here, PSG play shit football.

blaugrana1987

'I want to go to a project which is ready to win...and where my fat, old, and slow best mate who can hardly move, finish or contribute is a starter every week.'
Yea, 5 posts. Not gonna get baited. I thought you "amigotards" didn't get the memo last two days? "Just promise him to keep fat fuck of his friend and he will stay".

Leong157

The reliable Catalan journos i.e. Alfredo Martinez and Sique Rodriguez (of whom don't work for MD) are all running with the story that if Messi agrees to stay then Barto will resign immediately

Circus FC, we have arrived.

It is master politics move. Barto timing is so good
Have to give him that

wisconsincule

Bartomeu resigning does nothing. Yes he is a terrible president but at this point it just shows that Messi has the power.

Messi stays. Suarez stays. All amigos stay. We finish 3rd in La liga and get bounced in the QF of the champions league while there is no progression of the actual team for the future.

Hardy

well if it's true that he speaks in a few hours makes sense he says he stays. Marcelo Bechler legacy is on the line

Judoman

tier 1 confirm

TV3 advances and we can confirm that Bartomeu would indeed resign and take a step beside the presidency if Messi publicly says that he would stay if Bartomeu leaves.
@Alfremartinezz

This is such a classic political bs black magic. He's welcome to resign without any "ifs" and he should.

wisconsincule

Yea, 5 posts. Not gonna get baited. I thought you "amigotards" didn't get the memo last two days? "Just promise him to keep fat fuck of his friend and he will stay".

Honestly from what you’ve been saying it seems like you are the tard here.... it’s quite clear what Messi is doing.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's bullshit. Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani, Marquinhos and Di Maria are all on big salaries there. There's no way they can also afford to pay for Messi's salary without breaking the FFP. Considering Man City have a lot of money, their wage structure is actually pretty decent. They only pay around 135m euros a year in salaries. PSG pay over 300m a year in salaries.... and that's without Thiago Silva's salary.

Besides, Man City play much better football, and they have Pep and Aguero there. Let's be honest here, PSG play shit football.

Good point.

blackrum

Veronica's tweet on Messi agreeing numbers with City seems to be gone? And now she's retweeting stuff about the Bartomeu resignation story.

Anyway, would be cool if she could specify what "upcoming hours" means. Don't wanna read about this in the train home with shitty internet.

Devils

Could be but..Neymar is entering the last year of his contract and Mbappe will likely move to Madrid in the near future. They could offer Messi a 4 year contract.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if a Neymar/Messi exchange would be proposed by Barca either.

blaugrana1987

Its only smart thing left for Barto. Contrary to "amigotards" on this forum, he knows Messi wants to leave because he has 0 trust we will fight for trophies in next 2-3 years, which basically means he is going to retire by scoring goals left and right for Barca as usual, while we lose championships and go out in Qs.

When Messi says he wants to go for sporting reasons, he can say "You see, its not my fault"

Home of Barca Fans