Lionel Messi - v7

fergus90

No offence to everyone who wants him to leave but it will ruin his legacy.

Ronaldo left with 3 champions leagues won in a row.

Messi leaving with 3 champions league humiliations in a row and wants to ditch us the moment we're in the shit?

Nah dawgs I'm with Barto on this. The lil Argentinian Goat ain't going anywhere

If it ruins his legacy that his own personal decision. I love Messi as much as the next Barca fan, but I've followed the club 7 years before the world had even heard of him and I will continue to do so once he's gone. Part of the reason why we are in this state is because Messi has become bigger then Barca.

BADGERBHOY

Messi leaving with 3 champions league humiliations in a row and wants to ditch us the moment we're in the shit?

Messi's legacy or Barcas future? I know whats far more important to me as a Barca fan.

Richard.H

If he stays, we'll still suck, play even worse and won't win anything.

And majority of fans will want to turn the page in 2021'.

When people talk about Messi, they act as if we are still in 2010 or 2015.

Messi sucked in 2020 before and after Covid.
He ran even less and his passes and shooting skills were weaker than ever.

He will decline fast.

He was our Goat, but he has to go sooner or later.
Look at Cr7 and how he has declined lately.
Yet Cr7 is in a way better physical shape than Messi.

Whatever is happening to Cr7, you should multiply it with 2-3-4x to predict how Messi will play in 2021 and 2022.

BBZ dropping the truth once again.

fergus90

Not at all ffs.

This isn't charity.

It isn't charity but at the same time its not one players football club to have teetering on a knife edge before a season starts. It's an absolute circus and if that toxic environment cannot be improved it has to change.

BarcaOG

Banned
I just wish Messi had acted with this sort of urgency back in 2016...might have led the club to make better decisions...too late now for us and messi.

blaugrana1987

You are right. He should win CL on his own next year. He clearly didnt do enough last time we needed final against Liverpool.

Jesus this board...

blaugrana1987

Screw his legacy, Barca comes first. We owe him nothing and he owes us nothing. For all he gave us we gave him too, the entire club bended for him for years.
And club is absolutely net positive. Messi would be Messi if he played in RM or Bayern last 10 years. Barcelona would never be todays Barca without him, 1 CL to 5 CL. How many Ligas did he help to win with his 70% attacking contribution?

blaugrana1987

All I'm gonna say is:

Neymar left Barca for greener pastures. Ended up losing a CL final.

Alves left Barca (or was pushed out, regardless). Ended up getting blown away in a CL final and then beat again by RM in the following year with PSG. He used to beat RM for fun at Barca.

United they stood, divided they fell.
Then again Neymar lost 1-0 in final against Bayern while winning 2 leagues and 2 Cups vs Messi going out against same bayern with 8-2.

JamDav1982

You are right. He should win CL on his own next year. He clearly didnt do enough last time we needed final against Liverpool.

Jesus this board...

Just as bad are those that claim Messi ?almost got treble on own? then blame other players.

Complete contradiction.

Messi leaving if Suarez etc staying was the alternative is best for him and club.

Barca need to maximize fee. If Messi goes to City for cheap and most likely on much lower wages then club have made it worse.

fergus90

And club is absolutely net positive. Messi would be Messi if he played in RM or Bayern last 10 years. Barcelona would never be todays Barca without him, 1 CL to 5 CL. How many Ligas did he help to win with his 70% attacking contribution?

We had 2 CL before him really, he was a very peripheral figure in the 05/06 CL. Injured throughout the entire knockouts basically.

AURELIUS

Keep him, take his captaincy, and force him not to play every single game for 90 minutes each... he can leave for free the year after.

This would be the best case scenario. Messi being treat like a human, while we benefit from his genius until he leaves us for free next season. His head is low and he can only rise it through being a professional footballer.

What is this garbage you keep spewing ? Messi has his legacy. He does not want it tainted further by playing in a team that cannot help him win silverware. He wants to improve his legacy. He is the sole reason Barcelona have been remotely competitive in the last three seasons.

As I said a large number of petulant children moaning from behind their keyboards about the greatest player in history. And using him as the scapegoat. He is fed up of being made that scapegoat as he has been for Argentina when he is not the problem.

Home of Barca Fans