Lionel Messi - v7

FC433

He must speak soon if he wants to get himself out of this mess and there are three options:
- Should finance his own clause just like Neymar did and pay up 700m
- Should convince City to make a decent offer, for example, KDB + Garcia + 50m - 100m
- Should apologize and express his desire to leave the club next season (of course, for free) and will do his best to enjoy his last season with the club

He does not deserve to be treated respectfully with the way he is handling his situation. His departure is a big deal on so many different levels and cannot just decide to leave suddenly, particularly when the club showed nothing but respect. The club was even willing to let him go for free had he honoured the contract.

Leong157

The silence only mean one thing, he is definitely leaving. If it is a power play, he would have come out and said something already especially after the news of Barto possibility of resigning.

He is negotaiting with other clubs and finding a way to end his contract. The solution is not yet clear.

There is also news from reliable source that Suarez has been offered to Juve and the club is considering it. You think if this is because of Suarez, this news would come out at this time?

kattanib

He must speak soon if he wants to get himself out of this mess and there are three options:
- Should convince City to make a decent offer, for example, KDB + Garcia + 50m - 100m
- Should apologize and express his desire to leave the club next season (of course, for free) and will do his best to enjoy his last season with the club

He does not deserve to be treated respectfully with the way he is handling his situation. His departure is a big deal on so many different levels and cannot just decide to leave suddenly, particularly when the club showed nothing but respect. The club was even willing to let him go for free had he honoured the contract.

If he ignores things they will suddenly all go away

Messi983

Barcelona doesnt want Jesus becouse he has not been great in Clty, which i agree with.

We want Lautaro who also hasn't been great in Inter and is more expensive though. Makes no sense. I don't really like GJ but if getting him in the Messi deal prevent us from spending 100m on Lautaro I'd take him. Use that money on improving defense/midfield instead, then sell GJ in a year or two if he won't prove himself and find a better striker.

Messi983

This would make no sense for Messi nor for City. Why would they invest all this money in Messi while at the same time also giving up their current best player? And why would Messi go there if they would lose KDB? Sure they are younger, have more depth and they have Pep but I don't think their current best XI without KDB would be all that much better than what we have.

FC433

^
I do not believe it is our problem to sort out. Should be happy that we are not referring to the 700m clause :blush:

Leong157

It is both our club and Messi problem to sort out. FIFA state that contract is to be extended because of Covid situation which in this case may applied to Messi clause.

Quite a number of playes must have contract expire months ago but still playing for their club due to the extended season.

I'm not happy with the timing Messi inform the club for his departure. However, he has every right to try exercising that clause. And the club also has the right to reject it. That is why this may goes to court.

Barcilliant

I don't understand why he's burning bridges here. I know he's sick of Bartomeu and the useless board but the fans and the city have always supported him even in bad times.
The least he could do is be upfront and address the situation clearly and directly.
I really think Koemans direct style didn't sit well with him plus the fact that even Barto called out the seniors and put them on notice. He's used to being pampered and that wasn't going to happen anymore.

Barcilliant

Going to be interesting on many fronts.
Alot of questions.
How will Pep compensate for Messis work rate or lack of?
How will Messi adjust to life of the pitch?
How will the seniors adjust to life after Messi?
How will Messi adjust to the epl. It won't be easy.
Will Pep play him behind Aguero?

Morten

Going to be interesting on many fronts.
Alot of questions.
How will Pep compensate for Messis work rate or lack of?
How will Messi adjust to life of the pitch?
How will the seniors adjust to life after Messi?
How will Messi adjust to the epl. It won't be easy.
Will Pep play him behind Aguero?

Messi would(as i dont think he is leaving) adjust to PL just fine, just last season he destroyed a few of the better PL teams in CL.

blaugrana1987

700m or 100m + Garcia and KDB for 33yr old with less then a year on his contract (especially in situation were we know ae are not going to be contenders next year)? How is that threating Messi any better then he is threating club (I mean he sent transfer request, thats OK, better then one minute talk to tell Suarez he is fired over the phone)

Home of Barca Fans