Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

Lol, comparing this Barcelona who got pulverized in CL quarters 8-2 with the 3peat NBA champions Chicago Bulls in 1998. :lol:.

FinBarcelonafan

That's not what I meant at all. Just saying we had a very good chance to win last year and that might have made things look like the squad wasn't so bad, Valverde was not a problem and there was no need to rebuild.

We were very lucky with the draws and the home game vs Liverpool. I guess winning CL includes a lot of luck. Real certainly used their luck in CL.

FinBarcelonafan

Lol, comparing this Barcelona who got pulverized in CL quarters 8-2 with the 3peat NBA champions Chicago Bulls in 1998. :lol:.

Yeah I think we could compare it to Barca after 2016-2017 season when we were still pretty damn good.

Current Barca is a collection of good past memories.

serghei

Messi and Suarez need to go. Every scenario where this doesn't happen is bad for all parties.

I will actually respect Messi if he leaves the club. It's the fans fault for thinking about Messi as this ultimate leader, a la Steven Gerrard or Totti. He was never like that. Far more individualistic and centered on his own personal success. Which is totally fine. Not all players are supposed to be leaders and role models, especially if they don't have the proper personality and human traits to take on that role in the service of the team.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

My theory is this.

Barcelona has no cash, we lost tons in addition duo to COVID. Our squad is old, wages have ballooned and generation is DONE (like Bulls 98'). This means its time for rebuild. Given that we have no cash, and given that our sporting project and board have been, to put it mildly, lackluster for years, player like Messi who still has 2-3 years at top level wants to spend it in team that has heads and tails and can fight for wins.

Messi staying in Barcelona till 35-36, while we get out of this mess, is counterproductive for him. He will score 40-50 a year and drag this team to 2nd place in La Liga and perhaps Quarter finals in CL, but no further than that. Which means, it is all in vain, we will lose with him or without him. This is why he is leaving and it makes complete sense. Its logical and expected.

Messi leaving because someone roughed up his friend over phone call and putting pressure with TRANSFER REQUEST, just to play with his amigos for few more years and CONTINUE to lose is completely illogical and honestly sounds like it is coming from people who haven't followed Barca and Messi for last 10-15 years. When you read other forums, from other teams, they are more objective and understanding then Barca fans are. They can see that current Barca sporting project, our financials and board are complete shitter. They can see our squad is old one, with wages completely ballooning to the point we have to chase players out of the club, and to them its clear why Messi is leaving.

To amigo crew? "Fucking Messi just wants to continue playing with his friends even if we are loosing. What a fucking pathetic brat!". Nonsense. Logically makes 0 sense, it just doesn't. I could accept this in 2016-2017, but not today, today - situation is dire and Messi knows it.

Good post. I see your point but can't agree with all. In your post I feel like Messi is the one who is suffering and the amigos. I still think they are one of the reason why we are in this mess. Messi included. He is not a victim here.

Messi and players are responsible for this mess too.

Overall the level of professionalism has dropped a lot in Barcelona.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

To amigo crew? "Fucking Messi just wants to continue playing with his friends even if we are loosing. What a fucking pathetic brat!". Nonsense. Logically makes 0 sense, it just doesn't. I could accept this in 2016-2017, but not today, today - situation is dire and Messi knows it.

:lol: :lol: bruh you are a whiny little bitch.

Messi wants to leave because he cannot carpool to the Camp Nou with Suarez anymore and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Really though. Your opinion is purely speculation as is your beef with the amigo theory (also speculation)

Batistuta9

Messi and Suarez need to go. Every scenario where this doesn't happen is bad for all parties.

I will actually respect Messi if he leaves the club. It's the fans fault for thinking about Messi as this ultimate leader, a la Steven Gerrard or Totti. He was never like that. Far more individualistic and centered on his own personal success. Which is totally fine. Not all players are supposed to be leaders and role models, especially if they don't have the proper personality and human traits to take on that role in the service of the team.

People overrate the loyalty and leadership of gerrard and totti. Messi has arguably done more for Barca than those 2 for their respective clubs. People also forget that gerrard was very close to leaving for Chelsea while in his prime and the same for totti and real Madrid. Both changed their minds when they realised they would be just another player at those clubs. Messi has given us his best years and wants to leave at 33.

BarcaOG

Banned
My theory is this.

Barcelona has no cash, we lost tons in addition duo to COVID. Our squad is old, wages have ballooned and generation is DONE (like Bulls 98'). This means its time for rebuild. Given that we have no cash, and given that our sporting project and board have been, to put it mildly, lackluster for years, player like Messi who still has 2-3 years at top level wants to spend it in team that has heads and tails and can fight for wins.

Messi staying in Barcelona till 35-36, while we get out of this mess, is counterproductive for him. He will score 40-50 a year and drag this team to 2nd place in La Liga and perhaps Quarter finals in CL, but no further than that. Which means, it is all in vain, we will lose with him or without him. This is why he is leaving and it makes complete sense. Its logical and expected.

Messi leaving because someone roughed up his friend over phone call and putting pressure with TRANSFER REQUEST, just to play with his amigos for few more years and CONTINUE to lose is completely illogical and honestly sounds like it is coming from people who haven't followed Barca and Messi for last 10-15 years. When you read other forums, from other teams, they are more objective and understanding then Barca fans are. They can see that current Barca sporting project, our financials and board are complete shitter. They can see our squad is old one, with wages completely ballooning to the point we have to chase players out of the club, and to them its clear why Messi is leaving.

messi wont be scoring 40-50 anymore, forget it

malvolio

People overrate the loyalty and leadership of gerrard and totti. Messi has arguably done more for Barca than those 2 for their respective clubs. People also forget that gerrard was very close to leaving for Chelsea while in his prime and the same for totti and real Madrid. Both changed their minds when they realised they would be just another player at those clubs. Messi has given us his best years and wants to leave at 33.

people even mentioned ronaldo leaving madrid on a high and not burdening them. ronaldo, who was booed at times by madrid fans. ronaldo who is the most selfish player ever that only thinks about his image.

messi wont be scoring 40-50 anymore, forget it

he just finished a season with 25 goals 21 assists in 35 games and 22 MoTM awards, with the worse barca team in 10 years, at 33 years old. maybe he won't reach 40 goals, but i suspect he'll do alright.

Last edited:

serghei

We're not talking about player quality. We're talking about personality here. Gerrard and Totti have the personality of a leader. Messi doesn't. Think more about Puyol vs Messi. Messi has done much more at a football level than Puyol. But Puyol is ten times the better captain. Because he has the personality of a leader.

Messi doesn't have the personality traits to be a team leader. One look in the locker-room videos and you can tell he doesn't have it.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
We're not talking about player quality. We're talking about personality here. Gerrard and Totti have the personality of a leader. Messi doesn't. Think more about Puyol vs Messi. Messi has done much more at a football level than Puyol than Messi. But Puyol is ten times the better captain. Because he has the personality of a leader.

Messi doesn't have the personality traits to be a team leader. One look in the locker-room videos and you can tell he doesn't have it.

i dont think gerrad is a good person or a leader at all, I suspect a bit of nostalgia creeping in.

Home of Barca Fans