Lionel Messi - v7

blaugrana1987

I believe with Koeamander Messi can do great things. Koemander will rejuvenate our squad with new tactical ideas and I believe he will utilize Frenkie and some other players to their best potential. Senior players will have to fight for their spot in the first 11. This could bring success.
Lol Koeman is fucking shit. He is no Klopp (and Klopp couldnt win first two years with better squad and more money + no RM in league).

You are dreaming.

snowy

I blame them both! Messi could have changed so many things if he spoke against the board after Roma or even Liverpool losses. Messi kept blessing the board gave Barto all the excuses to fuck this club, and Barto blessing Messi created club de amigos.

Fuck them both really.

hehe datz sum fuck fest GeorgieB but ya better watch ur 6! There's already an amber alert on kattanib prowling Kampf Nou in his Hitler outfit, looking the bite Messi's dick off like it was a Frankfurter, Achtung!!! You might get caught in the crossfire.

Way I see it, Ratomeu is fucked either way. Dude's holding the shittiest hand ever. Club is out da money and he desperately needs to balance the books. Last thing he wants is for the pesos to fall out his sombrero come reporting time. His only realistic move is getting Leo's wages off the books.

Not buying this Barto Hero hype for a sec and all his hard ball nego exploits a la KDB + Silva + ? + 100 mil. City ain't idiots. They know he's caught in the quick sand so why hand him a rope .. They'll just call his bluff and wait till he chokes in the mud and agrees to release Leo.

There's no other play.
Raki will leave for Sevilla for about 5 to 10 mil but that's not enough. Umtiti, Sergi, Busi, Vidal, Suarez et co ain't gonna agree to shit. Even if they did, there's no club out there stupid enough to take them of our shelves, given their freak paychecks.

Most likely outcome:

1/ Leo gets to leave for free. Accounts are balanced. Barto's Swiss account still full, and he exits with maybe a few pie in the face highlights and a rabbied katta tackled in mid-flight by security :lol:

2/ All vets remain minus Raknarok + Koemmander leading the charge. Question then is whether they'd be in the mood for battle or more slacking. On the positive, we get da Bouzeman back, Koemann will have more options in Puig and Couti along with Pedri, Trinc, Pjanic and Garcia?

blaugrana1987

I think I wont watch Barca for a couple of years if Messi gets what he whants... He IS club LEGEND but this is not the way that one LEGEND and CAPTAIN behaves... No "amigos" and I'm gone. I can understand that he hates Barto, but I cant understand he still whants amigos to play and to play a big role in club transfere etc. Just leave, make your point and move along. This is worst than Neymar leaving and transfer saga, maybe eaven worse than Figo moving to Madrid.
Jesus again with fucking Amigos. He wants to go for football reasons. He leaves Barto is in deep shit because only guy worth marketing has gone, and we are already in shit.

This will end in tears if Barto doesnt sell. We wont win shit, and Messi will go with 34 on his back for free and will not be able to wait to GTFO.

Tackle

Let him go. He won't be happy here and in January the first thing he will do is sign a pre-contract with another club. Our season will be torpedoed with constant rumours and drama.

Bartomeu, mate, your legacy is already fucked. Trying to hold our best player against his will reflects worse on you than letting him go amicably.

Devils

I think Barto would rather let him leave for free under a new board than do a transfer while he is president.

mc_lovin

It clearly states in the rules that he is. The season technically didn't end till the end of August due to COVID, so he couldn't exercise that exit clause whilst the season was still going on.

The actual lawyers seem to disagree (from what I have seen).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Jorge Messi will meet with Barca to find a solution that'll let him leave. If Barca tries to force him to stay it's only going to get worse.

behindbrowneyes

Looks like Messi is about to take this further then. He's in his right to leave the club for free.

What makes you so sure about this?
Neymar also thought he'd win his lawsuit. Who won it? Who had to pay? Don't underestimate the club when it comes to legal issues. They may act like clowns on a sporting level, but they know 2 or 3 things about business.

xxxxxx

The actual lawyers seem to disagree (from what I have seen).

The Barcelona/Bartomeu lawyers will obviously disagree because it's a difficult circumstance. Normally the season ends the end of May, so that gives Messi around 6 weeks to think about if he wants to leave or not. Due to COVID, he basically came back in the middle of the season.... and his season didn't end till the middle of August. Due to COVID, he didn't have a chance to think about his future because he was still playing after his exit clause. There was no way he could have possibly be able to exercise that clause. I'm no lawyer, but it's pretty obvious that his exit clause still should stand till the end of August due to COVID.

Apparently, according to FIFA, he's in his right to activate his exit clause now due to the season ending in August and not in May.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah we have to let him go. Hopefully we can make some money from his transfer.

Bartomeu might take it to court simply because he doesn't want to be seen as the President who let Messi leave.

Apparently, according to FIFA, he's in his right to activate his exit clause now due to the season ending in August and not in May.

That was a proposition that the FAs/Leagues could implement, but it wasn't in the end.

xxxxxx

What makes you so sure about this?
Neymar also thought he'd win his lawsuit. Who won it? Who had to pay? Don't underestimate the club when it comes to legal issues. They may act like clowns on a sporting level, but they know 2 or 3 things about business.

Neymar didn't have COVID to contend with. Besides, Messi has an exit clause.... which he couldn't exercise due to the season not being over.

FinBarcelonafan

Neymar didn't have COVID to contend with. Besides, Messi has an exit clause.... which he couldn't exercise due to the season not being over.

Well, it's a special season. Cavani left middle of the season because his contract ended.

Silva signed short-term extension to play with PSG in the CL etc. To me it looks like Messi should have left when he had chance. (Compared to others). It's pretty weird though. It's not like he could have left middle of the season.

Home of Barca Fans