Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

And what will we do if he stays?

Play exactly the same as the last season, in fact worse since Messi will decline even more and so will our team since every action will go through him.

On one hand, I am sad that he is leaving.
On the other hand, he has to leave if we want to turn the page longterm.

what page do you want to turn all of a sudden with a bunch of kids and some mofos who are either injury prone or flops?

i say it's better he stays another year as he can keep us afloat. in the mean time we figure what the other players are made of or which of the youngsters will come good. and maybe koeman can come up with an actual game plan and tactics that suit us.

when did we really turn the page with unproven kids and flops? after ronaldinho? no. after xavi/iniesta? no.

keeping him it's better than losing him. as losing him will be a massive blow on all levels.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

So the breaking news and unexpected turn of events is no club can afford to buy out his release clause? Big shocking news there. And these "insiders" actually get paid for this shit?

Devils

Messi doesn't want a fight with Bar?a and orders his lawyers to meet with the club's leaders to negotiate a way out. Bartomeu will explain to them that Messi is very important for the new cycle and will only sell him for his release clause. [@Marsallorente]

TrueCule

Veronica Brunati is changing her opinion from day to day. One day she is certain that his decision is irreversible and today she's reporting that Messi's situation can take an U-turn. I don't believe that the club doesn't want to let him go. He probably negotiated with Barto to keep Suarez in Barca which should make him happy. His family also clearly doesn't want to go to cold England and learn English. With every day it seems more and more probable that he will stay one more season here.

xxxxxx

Messi doesn't want a fight with Bar?a and orders his lawyers to meet with the club's leaders to negotiate a way out. Bartomeu will explain to them that Messi is very important for the new cycle and will only sell him for his release clause. [@Marsallorente]

Bartomeu trying his best to look like the good guy. What a disgusting person he is.

xXKonan

Messi: can I leave for City, for Free?

Bartomeu:

xxxxxx

The board know damn well that Messi can leave on a free, so they're in panic mode right now. Messi is giving them a chance to leave on good terms and so they get something from his exit. I guarantee if they play hard ball that Messi will win.

blaugrana1987

"Hey there 33yr old Messi, this is Rat. A guy that fucked most of our transfer and coaching deailings in last 5 years. I know we have no money and our team is old, I know we have to sell duo to crazy wages and I know you have no time to wait as you are nearing your retirement, but I want to tell you how important you are for our rebuild in next 2-3 years. We are not selling you unless they pay 700m euros, sorry"

TrueCule

Messi will win in this power game. With every day more and more socios will vote against Barto. Once Barto is out, he'll stay. He never wanted to leave Barcelona, it's all just a game.

blaugrana1987

Bartomeu trying his best to look like the good guy. What a disgusting person he is.
Messi goes and this club loses so many sponsorship money if they dont find new star its crazy. Bartomeu knows it and he doesnt want to let him leave, not for 100m, as he is going to be left alone responsible in shit thats about to hit afterwards. He would love Messi to stay and club to collect marketing money even if that means not winning for 2 years just so he weathers this storm.

xxxxxx

Messi will win in this power game. With every day more and more socios will vote against Barto. Once Barto is out, he'll stay. He never wanted to leave Barcelona, it's all just a game.

This has gone far beyond just wanting Bartomeu out now. He clearly wants to leave. Besides, Bartomeu leaving today won't solve our mess. We'll still have no money to change things. We'll still have a shit squad. We still won't have the manager to turn us into a great team again. It's going to take the new board years to turn this mess around.

Messi wants to leave for football reasons.

TrueCule

This has gone far beyond just wanting Bartomeu out now. He clearly wants to leave. Besides, Bartomeu leaving today won't solve our mess. We'll still have no money to change things. We'll still have a shit squad. We still won't have the manager to turn us into a great team again. It's going to take the new board years to turn this mess around.

Messi wants to leave for football reasons.

I believe with Koeamander Messi can do great things. Koemander will rejuvenate our squad with new tactical ideas and I believe he will utilize Frenkie and some other players to their best potential. Senior players will have to fight for their spot in the first 11. This could bring success.

olivis

I can barely follow what is happening now. 'News' is updating every half an hour, even though I believe nothing 'confirmed' has really happened in a few days right?

What can we estimate as the odds for him staying now?

Home of Barca Fans