Lionel Messi - v7

5ergio_Busquets

Serious question: Is the current Messi worth his wages which are enough for 3 world class players? Is it better to keep Messi who only has one year of his contract remaining and could leave for free next summer or sell him now and try to rebuild the team with the money. I mean even if Messi didn't want to leave it would have made sense to sell him this summer, but many clueless people wouldn't understand this including the board members.

xxxxxx

I believe with Koeamander Messi can do great things. Koemander will rejuvenate our squad with new tactical ideas and I believe he will utilize Frenkie and some other players to their best potential. Senior players will have to fight for their spot in the first 11. This could bring success.

Our squad is not good enough to compete at the highest level regardless of who the manager is. Our squad is too old. Besides, we have no money to rebuild properly. Only Rakitic and Vidal are leaving, so we'll still be stuck with Suarez, Alba, Busquets.

Koeman is an okay manager, but I feel he isn't the answer. I honestly feel he and Messi will end up fighting. I've heard Koeman has had a number of arguments with his top players in the past.

malvolio

Serious question: Is the current Messi worth his wages which are enough for 3 world class players? Is it better to keep Messi who only has one year of his contract remaining and could leave for free next summer or sell him now and try to rebuild the team with the money. I mean even if Messi didn't want to leave it would have made sense to sell him this summer, but many clueless people wouldn't understand this including the board members.

world class players go for 100M or so + wages? and we don't have money because we already spent 400M on three so called world class players. also, messi is barcelona and barcelona is messi. from a financial point of view we would lose a lot.

if he wants to leave, than so be it. if he stays we get another season and we part ways as we should.

Devils

BBC Sports learned from reliable sources inside Barcelona that the president of the club, Bartomeu, is completely and definitively not to sell Lionel Messi after his request to leave the club, here the story may change completely [Achraf Ben Ayad @Benayadachraf]

TIER ELITE SOURCE.

Judoman

Exactly. Messi should be allowed to leave if he wants to. Take as much as we can for him and let's start the new cycle. Delaying this will only bring more pain.
But there should not be any of the amigos left. At least not in the first 11. This should clear 1/4+ of the wage budget.

I think I wont watch Barca for a couple of years if Messi gets what he whants... He IS club LEGEND but this is not the way that one LEGEND and CAPTAIN behaves... No "amigos" and I'm gone. I can understand that he hates Barto, but I cant understand he still whants amigos to play and to play a big role in club transfere etc. Just leave, make your point and move along. This is worst than Neymar leaving and transfer saga, maybe eaven worse than Figo moving to Madrid.

Vilarrubi

BBC Sports learned from reliable sources inside Barcelona that the president of the club, Bartomeu, is completely and definitively not to sell Lionel Messi after his request to leave the club, here the story may change completely [Achraf Ben Ayad @Benayadachraf]

TIER ELITE SOURCE.

Dumb as fuck from the club if true. Let him leave for free in 9 months instead of decent money now.

BADGERBHOY

Messi doesn't want a fight with Bar?a and orders his lawyers to meet with the club's leaders to negotiate a way out. Bartomeu will explain to them that Messi is very important for the new cycle and will only sell him for his release clause. [@Marsallorente]

What a dumb fucker. This will surely make court proceedings more probable. Let the man leave for a reasonable fee, for fucks sake.

xxxxxx

TIER ELITE SOURCE.

Looks like Messi is about to take this further then. He's in his right to leave the club for free.

I just don't think this is good from either side. Messi is about to be pissed off. I'm sure he'll still give his best, but I doubt his head will be out there when playing. And if we're losing and playing shit, I doubt he'll be motivated to even care.

I just think this is a negotiation tactic from Bartomeu to get as much as possible for Messi.

xxxxxx

And if Messi was pissed off before, he's going to be even more pissed off now. Bartomeu is just being stubborn. But you don't expect anything else from that piece of shit.

Vilarrubi

For Barto this also looks like to fans like he’s done everything he can to keep Messi. What a “good guy” Barto is......

Home of Barca Fans