Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

How humble is this Man Virgil Van Dijk.
He voted Lionel Messi as his first choice though he had De Ligt and De Jong who are his team mates and one of his vote would have changed the chance of his winning.

At this stage I'm wondering why the fuck Messi keeps putting Ronaldo at 2nd when the rat never repays the favour.

snowy

Implants. Georgina is better looking to be fair. So Ronaldo won in that department.

giphy.gif
They REAL and they SPECTACULAR :watch:

Dzeko and Peter Crouch also struck GOLD.

At this stage I'm wondering why the fuck Messi keeps putting Ronaldo at 2nd when the rat never repays the favour.
He's just a nice dude and don't think he really cares about these trophies.

Altomonte

If ballon d'or is given not to the best player (which would of course be Messi), but to the most valuable player of the team that won the Champion's League, it should go to Alisson Becker.
Both Barça and Tottenham had at least 3 chances to score but Alisson saved them all. In addition, he won the Copa America with Brazil.

raskolnikov

He never was, Ronaldo has been voting like a sour insecure bitch for his whole career.
If he even votes. I remember one time he even let someone else be captain for a Portugal friendly so that guy could vote and give him full points.
The guy is a terrible loser, doesnt want to sit there when Messi wins for how it will look yet expects the favour returned. You can see the insecure narcisist part in his voting/attendance. Not the pr front he puts up before the camera.

I never rated the journalist votes but damn this award is bad with the votes.
Messi deserved to win but who the fuck puts 3 madrid player in team of the year? Why is Ronaldo even third? Who gives clueless fans a 25% vote?
That makes it a total popularity contest where people vote for name recognition. Busquets having decent votes for midfield is laughable as well.
No bernardo silva, no fernandinho, no robertson/alba for lb, lewa 13th striker...

Its like they let the people vote who only watched cl ko’s a d play fifa.
Bad award, but atleast messi got his fair due’s for a change.
toyally expect Van Dijk to win ballon d’or though.

George_Costanza

Yes but they won also Uefa Player of the Year, Messi lost that to VVD and the format is more similar to ballon d'or with only press votes.

This is true if only European journalists will vote for Balon d'or but that's not the case. For UEFA only European journalists votes count. For the Balon d'or it's worldwide, Messi is pretty much a favorite among global journalists.

Winning the FIFA award will influence some of the European journalists too.

Vilarrubi

This is true if only European journalists will vote for Balon d'or but that's not the case. For UEFA only European journalists votes count. For the Balon d'or it's worldwide, Messi is pretty much a favorite among global journalists.

Winning the FIFA award will influence some of the European journalists too.

Siiiiiuuuuu! C'mon Leo

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Only a single player that played for Barcelona last season has been included in the best XI

Goes to show how great Messi had been last season - almost got us to a treble!

mc_lovin

Yep, its quite insane. I cant name a single player bar Messi who stepped up last year (or the last few).

For Liverpool? Mane, Van Dijk, Salah, heck even Origi.
For Real Madrid? Ronaldo, Modric, Ramos, Marcelo, Bale.

Home of Barca Fans