Lionel Messi - v7

xxxxxx

Lap up the Messi camp propoganda if you like.

It is as strong as Bartos,

Because he does have a case. Bartomeu stated back in 2019 that if Messi wanted to leave before the 20/21 season, that he could leave for free. They wouldn't stand in his way. Straight from Bartomeu's mouth.

If we had lost to Bayern back in April/May, I have no doubt Messi would have exercised that exit clause before June 10th. He just didn't have the chance to due to COVID. And he's not going to leave Barcelona in the middle of the season whilst they still have a chance to win the league and the Champions League. He wouldn't do that to the fans.

Raketa10

I can't believe that one meeting with Koeman and showing the door to Suarez resulted with this. If he really decided to leave because of our sporting project he could have done that after 2-8 loss or 0-4 last year. The fact is that Iniesta or Xavi would have never acted like this. :(

soul24rage

Messi is really acting as a prick right now. I am truly disappointed by him. We should insist on 150 + Garcia. Or 100 + Bernardo + Garcia. Fucking City can't get him for free!

Best case scenario is to get a fee for him.

But if we can't get a fee, then he's either staying and slow the rebuild process and leaves for free next summer

Or he wins in court and leaves for free this summer.

I can't believe that one meeting with Koeman and showing the door to Suarez resulted with this. If he really decided to leave because of our sporting project he could have done that after 2-8 loss or 0-4 last year. The fact is that Iniesta or Xavi would have never acted like this. :(

I think he did do that.

Last edited:
Messi couldn't care less about a friendly exit and he doesn't care about the club or the fans. All he wants to do is get out of honouring his contract so that he can get a free transfer that allows him to earn even more oil money. Once an offer of ?150 Million is made by Man City then let him go. FC Barcelona always has been and always will be far far bigger than Lionel Messi.

Newcomer

Because he does have a case. Bartomeu stated back in 2019 that if Messi wanted to leave before the 20/21 season, that he could leave for free. They wouldn't stand in his way. Straight from Bartomeu's mouth.

If we had lost to Bayern back in April/May, I have no doubt Messi would have exercised that exit clause before June 10th. He just didn't have the chance to due to COVID. And he's not going to leave Barcelona in the middle of the season whilst they still have a chance to win the league and the Champions League. He wouldn't do that to the fans.
The whole point is he didn't exercise the clause before June 10.

If he had, he would be a Manchester City player already.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Messi couldn't care less about a friendly exit and he doesn't care about the club or the fans. All he wants to do is get out of honouring his contract so that he can get a free transfer that allows him to earn even more oil money. Once an offer of ?150 Million is made by Man City then let him go. FC Barcelona always has been and always will be far far bigger than Lionel Messi.

Fans like you disgust me. Well, shouldn’t even be called fans, let’s be honest here. Every reliable source is reporting the opposite of what you just said. People need to stop making up shit in here. Get a life and have some respect for the people that made this club what it is.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Because he couldn't exercise it. It was the middle of the season. He still had a chance of winning the league and Champions League at that point. The season is over and he's had to time to reflect if he wants to stay or not. He couldn't do that because of COVID. Which is why his exit clause should have been extended till the end of August. Both parties have cases.

jairzinho

Sevilla win Europa and held up as sign for la liga but EPL teams been far more dominant in that competition in recent seasons but dismissed.

Spanish teams will clearly still be relevant but in my opinion will not be dominant and EPL teams will perform better across board.

Added to that the very top players will be harder and harder to get to La liga.

Both Chelsea and Man Utd have won in recent years but i wouldn't say that the Prem has been dominant in the Europa competition. The same can be said about the CL. Liverpool did win in 2018 but prior to that a Prem team didn't win in 6 years.

Even with access to better resources, Prem teams historically struggle in Europe, despite the sporadic wins here and there by Pool, Chelsea etc. It's weird when you really think about it. Maybe it is because of the technical naivety. I think that trend will continue. What i agree with is that La liga will find it harder and harder to acquire the very top players. We'll see how things go.

neo_wolf

A lot of troll duplicant accounts lately here just to bash messi.

Anyway, of course La Liga will side with barca, Tebas must be shaking at the thought of the league losing Messi.

I bet if Messi cant leave by transfer window end he will say fuck it and retire and that will do real damage to both barca and the league, reputation wise.

blaugrana1987

Entire point of clause is to be there after season ends. Could very easily turn to court interpeting this as "spirit of law" as COVID19 threw world in spin and resulted in August being the end of season.

Our reasoning was clear, thats why most look at Barca as cluprit here. Give legend a door to leave for free in his last year of contract after season ends. Since season ended in August we should honor it, but we are not because Barto never expected he would go anyway, as he said in the video.

He wants to go out, he is in twilight of his career and barca needs complete rebuild. He has 33 and 9 months on his contract, as well as written guarantee we will let him go for free at the end of season (that is 30th of June).

We did not honor it. Worst of all, Barto doesnt even entertain negotiating at all so its us being 2x as shitty.

Basically we are telling him : "Exact date was 30th of June and you HAVE to stay for another year. We wont negotiate on this".

Messi is saying : "30th was there because 30th is after the end of the season, which duo to COVID was August, therefore I have right to excercise it now".

This will go to court, and if I am judge I would rule in Messi favor. Not because I hate rat, but because everyone is clearly aware of what COVID did to world, and football obvioisly, but also becuase its clear that spirit of law makes much more sense then literal letter of law in such situation where entire world stopped for 3 months.

Court could ask Barca if contract date was meant explicitly as end of the season, which is obvious, it was made so that contract can be terminated before his last year starts and after season before has ended.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans