Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

There is no bluff or power play. No sane club plays with the feelings of fans - some might off themselves after such a news.

People should try to express their true feelings, not hide behind optimism in some grand plan of establishing dominance over La Liga and saving Messi's contract. It won't happen.

That's why I've added that this might be a devious plan from the board. Is that the way we're letting go of Messi?

Catta

I will never understand this forum,
for months everyone has known that Messi will continue to play for Barcelona, ​​
100%,
no shadow of a doubt.

so sure that if it doesn't happen I will give bitcoin to everyone as a gift

At least something good has come out of Messi leaving.

ajnotkeith

As soon as Laporta took power he should have been working on wage cuts, sales and contingency plans such as putting more valuable players on the market. There is no excuse for not seeing this coming, that is his job, to manage the finances, and even worse, he lied to the fans throughout and bluffed his way through this pretending we were doing fine. It is his job to make sure Messi's contract could be registered.

El Gato

Villarato!
It really is a bad look.

Laporta is going to get grilled tomorrow.

What's bad look? Club releasing statements? That's just getting ahead of the independent sources and not letting them go wild in long period 12-24 hr period ahead of the press conference.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What's bad look? Club releasing statements? That's just getting ahead of the independent sources and not letting them go wild in long period 12-24 hr period ahead of the press conference.

Should have just called a press conference for this evening.

TacticsTim

How is that clear?

Lionel Messi will not continue to be linked to FC Barcelona. Both parties deeply regret that in the end it will not be possible to fulfil the wishes of both the player and the Club.
Bar?a would like to thank the player for his contribution to the growth of the institution and wishes him all the best in his personal and professional life".

This is not very polite nor a way to say goodbye to a legend. Thanks for contribution and good luck lol are you serious that's what Chelsea wrote to sarri. Of all the ways you could say a sincere goodbye this is not it

mc_lovin

As soon as Laporta took power he should have been working on wage cuts, sales and contingency plans such as putting more valuable players on the market. There is no excuse for not seeing this coming, that is his job, to manage the finances, and even worse, he lied to the fans throughout and bluffed his way through this pretending we were doing fine. It is his job to make sure Messi's contract could be registered.

Fuck that. The rest was desperately tried, but reality struck.

Personally I have absolutely no problem going back to the basics (smart transfers+La Masia). Pedri, Fati and Frenkie+La Masia are reasons enough for me to watch.

El Gato

Villarato!
Should have just called a press conference for this evening.

Considered they couldn't? How do we know what time things broke off and Jorge threw in the towel (or whatever it is that supposedly happened)?

Edit: Presser literally 11pm tonight as well. So whats the big deal?

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

As it regards to the meeting today it is being reported by several sources that the talks broke down after Laporta told him he still couldn't be registered for LaLiga.

Considering that Laporta had said 2 days prior that Messi could be registered without an issue you can see how this is a dealbreaker. Messi was being messed around with here.

Jadentheman

The circus is just beginning. I expect PSG and Man city offering the world. Followed by other big clubs. Finances won't matter if they have the chance for Messi.

Leong157

The timing is suspicious and if the second was true, then I suppose all the reports from even credible sources saying they were planning on announcing his renewal were just trolling?

I am thinking something drastic must have happened yesterday or today that led to this.

If I have to guess.

I think Messi may have given us the time frame to resolve the issue with finance. All the contract conditions are probably agreed upon as reported.

However, we cannot delivered that. We might promised to get it done after the Copa. We cannot and we ask him to postpone the deadline. He agreed. Then come the 2nd August, the new deadline. And again, we cannot delivered that. Here come today, after the CVC news, still not get it done.

So Messi said then I'm done.

Oh my... my imagination.

FC433

The timing is suspicious and if the second was true, then I suppose all the reports from even credible sources saying they were planning on announcing his renewal were just trolling?

I am thinking something drastic must have happened yesterday or today that led to this.
That is where the power-play could make sense. Perhaps, Barcelona can in fact register Messi, but they want more than that and trying to force LL to ease up, that is one. Two, Laporta was waiting for LL's response (thought that they were going to make an exception) and was surprised with the CVC deal, which was rejected (rightfully so.)

Home of Barca Fans