Lionel Messi - v7

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Idk why this forum has such a weird hate boner for Ter Stegen lol
Agreed. Really odd. Anyway, back to Leo. I wish him luck but in the end he was going to have to leave at some point so there is no need to cry over it. We actually could be a better TEAM without him.

jamrock

Bartomeu the clown should have tried to negotiate a deal with city last summer, a player swap, Bernardo+1 for messi

ajnotkeith

Multiple outlets reporting we can't register our new signings till a significant amount is taken off the wage bill. I hope Laporta isn't lying and running away from the issue again bc if we fail to register any of our new signings he's finished..

xxxxxx

Bartomeu the clown should have tried to negotiate a deal with city last summer, a player swap, Bernardo+1 for messi

It hurts the more you think of it. We could have saved a potential 134m in wages, another 33m from his loyalty fee, could have got a potential 70m to 100m euros from a transfer fee.... or got a couple of players from City in exchange. We would have been in much better shape this season.

Sterlingfan2000

It hurts the more you think of it. We could have saved a potential 134m in wages, another 33m from his loyalty fee, could have got a potential 70m to 100m euros from a transfer fee.... or got a couple of players from City in exchange. We would have been in much better shape this season.

Well Bartomeo not remembered to sell Messi. LIKE WHO THE HELL CARES WHO SOLD MESSI

He also fcked Messi again because the only Option for Messi is PSG and PSG will dictate his Salary. He cant make Salary demands when the only club interested is PSG

xxxxxx

Multiple outlets reporting we can't register our new signings till a significant amount is taken off the wage bill. I hope Laporta isn't lying and running away from the issue again bc if we fail to register any of our new signings he's finished..

Laporta stated for 2 months that things were progressing very well with Messi and we'll be able to sign him. For 2 months he stated that! He knew damn well what our situation was and yet he continued to keep giving people false hope. It wouldn't surprise me if we can't sign the 4 new players. We're too much over the salary cap and it's going to take a miracle to sort it.

jamrock

If Laporta is so serious about a "new era" then I expect the departure of the likes of Pique, Bob, Umtiti, Coutinho, Busi, Alba, Dembele and a few others by the end of the month. Anything less and his words will mean jackshit.

Does he unilaterally cancel their contracts?

malvolio

Laporta stated for 2 months that things were progressing very well with Messi and we'll be able to sign him. For 2 months he stated that! He knew damn well what our situation was and yet he continued to keep giving people false hope. It wouldn't surprise me if we can't sign the 4 new players. We're too much over the salary cap and it's going to take a miracle to sort it.

he stated in the conference that we can sign the 4 new players. as i've said, the plan was in motion from day one. the whole charade about agreeing with the messi camp was just a smoke screen.

xxxxxx

Well Bartomeo not remembered to sell Messi. LIKE WHO THE HELL CARES WHO SOLD MESSI

He also fcked Messi again because the only Option for Messi is PSG and PSG will dictate his Salary. He cant make Salary demands when the only club interested is PSG

I don't even think PSG can afford him. They've just signed 4 players who are on well over 200k a week. Add to the likes of Di Maria, Mbappe, Neymar, Marquinhos and Verratti, how the hell do they afford him when they're in worse shape than Man City are in terms of the FFP?

I still think City is the only team that can afford him. They technically only spent 40m on Grealish due to their sales. Their salaries are nowhere near as high as PSG's. I think PSG and City will try to make the numbers work and they'll make offers. Don't forget, City and PSG had offers on the tables 2 months ago, but Messi apparently only wanted us. There is no way that City give up a chance to sign Messi.

malvolio

it just dawned on me that i'll not be able to see messi in a barcelona shirt again. was planing to go to barcelona next year and see him again, one last time. but now that's gone. :(

behindbrowneyes

Jaume Roures, founder of Mediapro and one of the endorsers of Joan Laporta's candidacy for the presidency of FC Barcelona, assured this Friday that "Messi's registration in LaLiga had been fully agreed for days."

"I know for sure that the Messi issue was made and resolved positively by the club and by LaLiga. 48 hours ago, the agreement was ready to be announced, but something has happened," he revealed on the program 'El m?n' by RAC1.

According to Roures, Laporta and LaLiga president Javier Tebas have "quite a good relationship" and Bar?a's contract with Messi "had been in place and written for days."
Therefore, in his view, the non-renewal of the Argentine star "has more to do with sports planning than with an economic disagreement."
https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/jaume-roures-inscripcion-messi-laliga-11973038

gregorrin10

Does he unilaterally cancel their contracts?

Yes. He should. Excluding Dembele here for me, though. Cause it makes no sense to just let him go, since there will surely be some real interest next summer, if we decide to sell him then, and if rumours are true, he's also gonna be on lower wages than he is now (if he'll extend before next summer on lower wages than he's on now), so that should only help raise the interest. Add to that list of players, also need to get rid of Pjanic and Braithwaite though. If no one else, even Manaj can do a better job than the Danish Nazario, while we have many options to cover for Pjanic leaving.

Home of Barca Fans