Lionel Messi - v7

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know what to believe. Some sources stated the clubs didn't learn about the CVC deal until it was broke by the media and were only able to stay the details in the last couple of days, some said the clubs knew about it for a while. Who to believe?

Either way, I guess the calculation of 10% of the broadcast revenue (based on what we are getting currently that is about 16m to 17m per season, and let's make it 20m or 25m for the sake of this discussion since we expect it to grow in the future, albeit slowly), 25m X 50 years = 1.25 billion loss in revenue. However, if we can renew Messi for a couple of years, our revenue will probably be around 800m to 900m or so (provided that the impact of COVID does away) and now without him we might just be hitting 600m to 700m, a loss of say 200m each season. I guess it makes more sense to take the losses in the next two years over losing 1.2 billion or more in the next 50 years, that must be their calculation.

eaman

Juve had won 7 Serie A in a row when Ronaldo joined while PSG have only won 3 of the last 5 Ligue 1 titles and failed to win it in this last season.

Messi winning Ligue 1 with PSG is a much bigger challenge than Ronaldo winning Serie A with Juve.

Psg lost those titles possibly because of poor mentality. I'm sure neymar was at alot of parties last year and it's all about winning the champions league with them. If it's not man city hope he goes to Chelsea or Liverpool or United. Chelsea v Burnley probably gets more viewers than psg v lille

Joan

Tebas is starting to bore us. He proposed a terrible deal and now he's moaning he's lost it all. Bad luck dawg.

Tebas " it is not too late for Barca to do the right thing accept the deal and sign him to the club for 5 years"

There going to be riots after that statement

Say no to super league yes to Messi

You should hurry up and register your nickname onto the PSG boards - it's gonna make the transition from plastic Barca fan to plastic PSG fan so much easier...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tebas is willing to burn down the league just to punish us.

Gotta respect how far he's willing to go. Imagine being this stubborn.

ajnotkeith

We are being linked to 30m players when we don't have near enough to even register our free signings lol, any journalist posting such news should be downgraded to Laporta slave tier

ItachiXXX

Laporta stated for 2 months that things were progressing very well with Messi and we'll be able to sign him. For 2 months he stated that! He knew damn well what our situation was and yet he continued to keep giving people false hope. It wouldn't surprise me if we can't sign the 4 new players. We're too much over the salary cap and it's going to take a miracle to sort it.

ur typical lying politician, he bring 4 more players while can't even sell a single one. He wanted this to happen

Messigician

I don't know what to believe. Some sources stated the clubs didn't learn about the CVC deal until it was broke by the media and were only able to stay the details in the last couple of days, some said the clubs knew about it for a while. Who to believe?

Either way, I guess the calculation of 10% of the broadcast revenue (based on what we are getting currently that is about 16m to 17m per season, and let's make it 20m or 25m for the sake of this discussion since we expect it to grow in the future, albeit slowly), 25m X 50 years = 1.25 billion loss in revenue. However, if we can renew Messi for a couple of years, our revenue will probably be around 800m to 900m or so (provided that the impact of COVID does away) and now without him we might just be hitting 600m to 700m, a loss of say 200m each season. I guess it makes more sense to take the losses in the next two years over losing 1.2 billion or more in the next 50 years, that must be their calculation.

They didn't fly messi's dad over for fun. I gave no doubt Messi is shocked and hurt at this news.

Tebas claims the Barca ceo has been influenced by Perez and in turn corrupted Laporta.

This is tragic dawgs. Madrid got the final win over Barca by tying us in withthis dreaded super league

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Tebas " it is not too late for Barca to do the right thing accept the deal and sign him to the club for 5 years"

There going to be riots after that statement

Say no to super league yes to Messi

Basically Tebas is saying "my way or the high way".

Thanks but no thanks.

Messigician

LaLiga will sue Barcelona for loss of revenue. It is illegal for clubs to refuse a deal like that.

Every cent Messi contributed to the league and sponsors real madrid and barca should pay the cost tenfold

Home of Barca Fans