Lionel Messi - v7

mc_lovin

FFP. It's not just the salary limit we are in contravention of we are well over FFP, that's the meaning of '95% salary mass'

Not sure what your point is (and not even my discussion), but if Messi wanted to play for a symbolical fee we would have no problem registering him.

Porque

I don't care either. I always believed he's a bit of a greedy cunt off the field. This is predictable for me.

Next season is very exciting.

Agreed. We need a post-Messi rebuild and for players to get used to playing without him. Next season will be about qualifying for the CL and maybe a Copa.

Then we may even do better than expected because everyone knows they will have to work hard and take responsibility.

Messi too will probably find PSG perfect for him. Their tactics are basically to press and then get the ball to the front trio and inshallah.

Btw, wonder what the odds are for Ilaix to PSG now.

ajnotkeith

Not sure what your point is (and not even my discussion), but if Messi wanted to play for a symbolical fee we would have no problem registering him.

No we wouldn't lol, that reinvest 4:1 stuff is bullshit until we get under FFP too, that's why the new signings haven't been registered, you think that 1/4 of messi's contract isn't enough to register the new signings who all took big pay cuts? Laporta was clear 'we need to get to 70% to have no more issues with registration'

Without Messi's contract we are still at 95%. So we need to cut Griezmann, Demeble, Umtiti, Pjanic, Lenglet etc to get to that 70%. Resigning Messi was not possible. And yes, it is normal the best player in the world asks for decent wages (a 50% reduced one).

Last edited:

mc_lovin

No we wouldn't lol, that reinvest 4:1 stuff is bullshit until we get under FFP too, that's why the new signings haven't been registered, you think that 1/4 of messi's contract isn't enough to register the new signings who all took big pay cuts? Laporta was clear 'we need to get to 70% to have no more issues with registration'

Messi's contract doesn't count, because it just ended. 70% is the number we don't get restrictions anymore, but the 1:4 rule is already the exception (for clubs over the limit).

ajnotkeith

Messi's contract doesn't count, because it just ended. 70% is the number we don't get restrictions anymore, but the 1:4 rule is already the exception (for clubs over the limit).

Do we even have any income to spend on him if he hypothetically had agreed to a very low contract? We have no outgoings basically

mc_lovin

Do we even have any income to spend on him if he hypothetically had agreed to a very low contract? We have no outgoings basically

If he played for minimum wages surely :lol: I guess in the grand scheme of things we still need to get rid of a few high earner (Umtiti, Pjanic the most likely). If we can't resolve their futures things will get nuclear. A contract termination for Umtiti feels kind of possible. Will be our last resort if we can't register the new signigs (I suppose).

But you don't do that mid window.

Nazario1985

Any manager has the right to envy Pochettino

E8LTEnTVUAEL3sK

Leong157

Everybody has value attached to them. Hoping someone to devalue themselves out of generosity and love for the firm is unrealistic.

Imagine your company ask you to reduce your salary 65%. Few would have accepted that. Most will pack their back and move to another one. Does not matter how much they love the company.

Not to mention it is a shot lived career.

Edit: There is no guarantee the finance will be better after 1 year. How can you know that when there is no plan or any sign of improvement?

How can you know you will not be asked to lower the salary again in the future given the circumstance? It is an unstable and unpredictable future.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

We may just cave and accept Tebas's deal even now Messi has left. Nobody is leaving at this point unless their contracts get terminated and that is costly and risky.

Home of Barca Fans