Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Temptation

Feel the need to get drunk tonight and Barca isn't playing so I can have an excuse , smh.

Problems of an alcoholic .
Tbh you should get drunk when you watch Xavi's Barca play. That's a much better excuse!

ey dude is it because of the thinning hair? dont worry we will find a solution for that, alcohol doesnt solve the problem :( :jack:

Calma. Cata is gonna lose that holiday weight and his hair will make a better comeback than MATS. Bro will return as peak Johnny and find his Amber.

It's not over until she shits on your bed!

HOPE.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I remember the 14-15 season very well, first match of the season against Elche, scored twice and people said Messi is back. Then he had a lot of good games but not Messi-matches.....until the Espanyol match home, 5-1 won, 3 goals and best Messi since 2012. 2015 was probably my favourite version of Messi even though he was better in dribbling and better in quick passes in 2012. Also better hair style in 2015 than in 2012!

KingLeo10

I like 14-15 because that was the fittest version of Messi we ever got (especially the post-Anoeta to treble stretch).

Complete monster day in, day out and especially in the big games. 2011 he was even more dominant in the big games but played a bit more centrally so we didn't get to see him shred fullbacks for fun as often.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

In terms of big matches i would definitely choose 2011 Messi, alone because of el clasicos, he was Real's biggest nightmare in nearly every game. Lost his hunger to destroy them after 2014 imo. Bayern on the other hand feared that 2015-Messi. I remember that one friend (Bayern fan) could not sleep after the match in 2015, he was amazed by Messi's performance! Have to say these german guys have no clue about Messi and Ronaldo, most of the german people dont like them while they see maybe 2 matches from them in a year lol.

Anyways, the times are over *cry*

Temptation

This will be an awful awful decision.

If it wasn't retired for the biggest Argentine national treasure Diego why do it now?

Also, future generations should be given the chance to carry on the legacy of the Argentine number 10s. No one thought we'd see another Diego when he retired but we got Messi to carry on that legacy, didn't we?

10 is the most popular jersey number and an inspiration for millions of kids. Let them dream about it.

I believe this entire practice of retiring numbers is absolutely ridiculous, baffling and harmful for the future of the sport.

Why kill all the romance and the buzz associated with the number 10 for the future generations?

Life moves on much faster than these 'prisoners of the moment' realise and every record gets broken.

There are plenty of other ways to show respect and thank Lionel for what he has done for Argentina.

Football fans supporting this kinda crap and then whining about the sport getting boring. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans