Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Windhook

Dont forget Dembele at PSG 🐮
Not in the discussion at all. Neymar was no.10 at PSG and Brazil as well for being the most iconic among his peers, but never proved any playmaking abilities.

You know what I'm talking about. You being Portuguese you must be well aware Rui Costa was the boss of the field, not Figo of 00s.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Not in the discussion at all. Neymar was no.10 at PSG and Brazil as well for being the most iconic among his peers, but never proved any playmaking abilities.

You know what I'm talking about. You being Portuguese you must be well aware Rui Costa was the boss of the field, not Figo of 00s.

Ok i was joking with dembele but Neymar is one of the best players of this generation and even though he won only 1 cl he belongs to the tier 2 of the greatest no.10 of all time IMO.

I like you respect Rui Costa, for me he was one of the most underrated players ever, guy was pure talent and is one of the playmakers ever. Also you knew it will be dangerous when he shoots from outside the box

Last edited:

Windhook

Ok i was joking with dembele but Neymar is one of the best players of this generation and even though he won only 1 cl he belongs to the tier 2 of the greatest no.10 of all time IMO.
No.10 is associated with the most influential players on the field. The guy who read the plays, dictates the tempo and controls the ball. Neymar and Hazard wore that number, but they were both great explosive wingers. I can give another example with Netherlands of 2010 where Arjen Robben was the most dangerous player, but without Wesley Sneijder running things, none of it would have happened.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

No.10 is associated with the most influential players on the field. The guy who read the plays, dictates the tempo and controls the ball. Neymar and Hazard wore that number, but they were both great explosive wingers. I can give another example with Netherlands of 2010 where Arjen Robben was the most dangerous player, but without Wesley Sneijder running things, none of it would have happened.

Ah ok i understood your post wrong, agree with you

soul24rage

Whoever wears no.10 for Argentina in the future is going to have the weight of two of football's holy trinity on their shoulders :lol:

Crushing pressure.
Thinking about it, after Messi stops playing for the national team, I would give the number 10 shirt to Dybala who can wear it for a few years before being passed on to either Echeverri or Soule (Echeverri seems like the likelier candidate based on potential)

Dybala has the experience, maturity and the quality to do the number 10 justice and Echeverri and Soule are too young and inexperienced to don the pressure imo.

Home of Barca Fans