Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Maradona37

Aye, although Jamdav’s unexplained hiatus is still odd he’s been a loyal member for years.

Maybe he finally got married
It is odd and it's weird that he and I didn't cross over. It's just weird timing.

I joined here in December 2019, but just to make a hit-and-run post insulting Ronaldo. The 37 in my name was my age at the time. After that I read on here from time to time (maybe looking here once or twice a week for half an hour or so) but never posted - the main reason for that is I didn't wanna end up in arguments with the Ronaldo trolls. But with this tournament approaching, and after Temp quoted my post on Redcafe, I decided to give him a piece of my mind.

I didn't intend on staying, but things calmed down and I began to enjoy the forum. And that's brings us to this moment.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Thanks. I am sure some people will doubt me as I am Scottish and have some similar opinions to him. But us Scots have a certain way of thinking. If you lived here you wouldn't be surprised that plenty of us act similar online and have the same values.

I was only messing about, you are actually nothing like JamDav.

Aye, although Jamdav’s unexplained hiatus is still odd he’s been a loyal member for years.

Maybe he finally got married

Rumour has it he has been busy all summer trying to win an internet argument that Billy Gilmour is world class. :valverde:

Maradona37

Ah that explains the history between you two then lol
Lol yeah exactly. It isn't like I didn't know Temp at all lol.

I was only messing about, you are actually nothing like JamDav.

Rumour has it he has been busy all summer trying to win an internet argument that Billy Gilmour is world class. :valverde:
Ok cool.

Lol well he's definitely not me then. Gilmour is a serviceable player and probably Scotland's best midfielder, but he's nowhere near a top player for me and never will be.

Maradona37

Anyway. back on topic.

Would you say his dribbling or passing is better? I know he's known as a top two dribbler of all time with Maradona, but his passing is equally stunning, even if he's known more for carrying the ball.

Dribbling at peak and passing now, maybe.

Messigician

Anyway. back on topic.

Would you say his dribbling or passing is better? I know he's known as a top two dribbler of all time with Maradona, but his passing is equally stunning, even if he's known more for carrying the ball.

Dribbling at peak and passing now, maybe.
Passing after 2015

Dribbling before then easilyyyy so fast and can’t get the ball off him

Maradona37

Passing after 2015

Dribbling before then easilyyyy so fast and can’t get the ball off him
Yeah he was sensational with his dribbling. It's been said many times but he has the best close control I have ever seen, and he never tried fancy tricks or anything either - just pure body feints, balance, and sheer ability.

KingLeo10

Oh there’s no question in my mind. His dribbling from 06-15 was alien tier. It’s not even a third as good as it used to be these days…in his heyday his acceleration with the ball was THE best in the world.

Maradona was a more tricky and inventive dribbler but prime Messi was just brutal at efficiency and acceleration.

I rate Maradona as the slightly better passer though (better cross and better volley passes). Messi’s through balls are a bit better (the weight on them is otherworldly)

Maradona37

Oh there’s no question in my mind. His dribbling from 06-15 was alien tier. It’s not even a third as good as it used to be these days…in his heyday his acceleration with the ball was THE best in the world.

Maradona was a more tricky and inventive dribbler but prime Messi was just brutal at efficiency and acceleration.

I rate Maradona as the slightly better passer though (better cross and better volley passes). Messi’s through balls are a bit better (the weight on them is otherworldly)
Yeah I would agree with most of that, though Maradona was also a master of the through ball.

Messi just had such tight control in his prime and the way the ball was glued to his feet, like you say his acceleration - how quick he got from a standing start. But his passing is otherwordly too.

Maradona is a bit flashier and more what someone new to the game would look for more. They're both footballers' footballers but I think Messi would be appreciated by actual footballers a teensy bit more than Maradona.

But to me they're the two best players ever and absolute geniuses for which words don't do justice (as footballers).

We have never seen such a combination of dribbling, passing, close control, finishing, goalscoring, free-kick taking and football IQ as Messi. Maradona has all of that too except the goalscoring (though it's a bit unfair as he played in an extremely defensive Serie A and a less goal-centric era). I think if Maradona played in this era he'd score loads of goals too and he and Messi would be basically inseparable.

Gnidrologist

Imagine confusing Jam"aye, do better"Dev with his highly peculiar posting style and obstinate opinionated posture with the guy above or anyone here for that mater. People don't change their posting style like chameleons. It's as difficult as trying to imitate different voice. I've seen many times alt accounts being exposed just by detecting the same manner of writing and opinions.

Richard.H

Imagine confusing Jam"aye, do better"Dev with his highly peculiar posting style and obstinate opinionated posture with the guy above or anyone here for that mater. People don't change their posting style like chameleons. It's as difficult as trying to imitate different voice. I've seen many times alt accounts being exposed just by detecting the same manner of writing and opinions.
True

Andresito

Staff member
Aye

Home of Barca Fans