Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

vegitot

I agree. In terms of World Cup performances:

1) Maradona 86
2) Messi 2022 / Garrincha 62 / Pele 70
3) Zidane 06 (he was shit in 98 except for the final; in 06 he led France past Spain, Brazil, Portugal, and almost Italy).
I much disagree about Zidane in 2006. Aside from vs Brazil, he was pretty average in other games. Not to mention a stupid red card in the final. Can you imagine Messi was sent off in the World Cup final and his team lost??

There are many better performances than Zidane in 2006. Hell, even Thuram, Vieira, Henry were better than Zidane in same world cup.

Maradona37

I much disagree about Zidane in 2006. Aside from vs Brazil, he was pretty average in other games. Not to mention a stupid red card in the final. Can you imagine Messi was sent off in the World Cup final and his team lost??

There are many better performances than Zidane in 2006. Hell, even Thuram, Vieira, Henry were better than Zidane in same world cup.
To be fair, he was superb in the final and the clear main man to Henry's second fiddle that night. UNTIL the headbutt.

vegitot

To be fair, he was superb in the final and the clear main man to Henry's second fiddle that night. UNTIL the headbutt.
No he wasn't. Just one lucky panenka. Pretty invisible vs Pirlo and Gattuso.

Basically only one great game vs very overrated Brazil side (over 100kg Ronaldo as a starter lol)

Maradona37

No he wasn't. Just one lucky panenka. Pretty invisible vs Pirlo and Gattuso.

Basically only one great game vs very overrated Brazil side (over 100kg Ronaldo as a starter lol)
I watched it again two or three years ago and I remember him having an influence on the game. I am not bothered about the penalty as I am not someone who thinks someone played well just cos they got a goal.

However, it was a few years ago, so I will take your word for it as I would have to watch it again. But I remember being impressed.

It would be good to dig up what the ratings said, but they'd all be marred obviously by the sending off.

Maradona37

I would put paredes as leo. Seems the most quiet of those 4. De Paul as the goofball mikey. Does fit a bit with his image and different haircut every game.
Yeah that would probably work out better. Paredes has lost his temper at times but he has a quietness and seriousness about him that suits Leo. The biggest leader of the four would be Leo too.

Mikey could be De Paul for sure. As you say De Paul seems like a jokester.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah that would probably work out better. Paredes has lost his temper at times but he has a quietness and seriousness about him that suits Leo. The biggest leader of the four would be Leo too.

Mikey could be De Paul for sure. As you say De Paul seems like a jokester.
Yeah. But just going by those options those seem best fit. Leo himself is ineligble. He represents master splinter in the image.

Maradona37

And I guess Messi is Splinter then. The wise old sage master ready to let his boys fly free independent of him soon (though in the comics he sends them on a revenge mission against Shredder lol).

Home of Barca Fans