Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Maradona37

Imagine being as good at football as him.

It's a once, maybe twice or three times at best type of gift in the last 170 years (Maradona and maybe Pele being the others).

I often wonder if there's guys out there as talented as Messi but just never became a professional - maybe they are amazing at football but never had any interest in the game, died as a child, were lost to the game through injury or other reasons.

This is as good a thread to ask the question - the people who are the best in the world in their respective fields...could there be people out there who rival their talent but were just never discovered for reasons such as the above? And if they had been discovered, could they have had a similar trajectory and career in that field?

soul24rage

It's a once, maybe twice or three times at best type of gift in the last 170 years (Maradona and maybe Pele being the others).

I often wonder if there's guys out there as talented as Messi but just never became a professional - maybe they are amazing at football but never had any interest in the game, died as a child, were lost to the game through injury or other reasons.

This is as good a thread to ask the question - the people who are the best in the world in their respective fields...could there be people out there who rival their talent but were just never discovered for reasons such as the above? And if they had been discovered, could they have had a similar trajectory and career in that field?
Welcome back mate

Maradona37

Good mate, Barca is cruising, club football is back and Argentina back playing this week so a lot to look forward to.

Only downside is missing the GOAT playing, but hopefully that will change soon.
Glad you are well. Some good football going on now for sure. Barca's start has surprised me a bit, hope they can keep it up.

Messi will be back at some point. But his retirement isn't that far off (probably 2 or 3 years) so eventually you'll have to get used to not seeing him play. Enjoy his brilliance while you can.

MontenegrinCuler

The truth is a lot of magnificant football talents have never left out of the streets in places like South America, Africa and, even though football culture is not that advanced there, I would also say India and other Asian countries (there's just too many humans there for it to be true that they all suck at football, especially considering the way they're built I think there might be a few unreal talents but football there is just not on the level to recognize them).

It's safe to say that as far as we know, Messi is the single most talented human when it comes to football. But would it really be that way upon considering all those who have never further advanced, who lived in poverty and could never reach the local clubs or academies, those that died early or those who got stopped by huge injuries? I don't know. It's very hard to even imagine a better footballer than Messi. Could be a taller guy that can score headers, pinnacle of both athleticism and football magic and be a little like combo of Messi and CR. Could be some genius level football visionary that can see through the passes and create goals out of thin air. Probably more possibilities too. I find it hard to imagine any of them ever existed.

vegitot

The GOAT strikes again.
20240905-164618.jpg

Home of Barca Fans