Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Windhook

Ronny should start with Youtube, look at these 16 years old kids who getting millions€ per year with their stupid content. With the fame of Ronaldinho its enough when he films what he eats every day to become rich asap
For a decade Ronaldinho seems fully retired of the game, popping out here and there for charity games (guess the taxes owed being the reason). Looking at his social media he's regularly posting clips of the glorious past.

Podcasting isn't for him, he already caused some controversy for stating "never to watch a Brazil game again" recently.

MontenegrinCuler

For a decade Ronaldinho seems fully retired of the game, popping out here and there for charity games (guess the taxes owed being the reason). Looking at his social media he's regularly posting clips of the glorious past.

Podcasting isn't for him, he already caused some controversy for stating "never to watch a Brazil game again" recently.
Can't blame him lol
After so many years of glory Brazil has fell off to Vinicius and Rodrygo
But Brazilians obviously have a hard time admitting their whole generation is shit, which is one of the reasons they're not moving forward

SmilerBam

Unreal. We are so blessed to have watched him in his peak.

To this day I cannot decide if this version or 2010/11 was better. It would be interesting to see the latter play alongside prime Suarez and Ney
I would say the 18/19 was really good too, probably his last in the "unplayable Leo decade". He almost single handedly carried us to a CL, that team was abysmal and Valverde was the coach.

bismp

I would say the 18/19 was really good too, probably his last in the "unplayable Leo decade". He almost single handedly carried us to a CL, that team was abysmal and Valverde was the coach.
True, I agree. I put 18/19 only behind 10/11, 14/15 and 11/12.

Though, to be honest (and this is a dig to Valverde and the rest of that sorry team, not Messi), this "we almost got the CL/treble" claim, is a little bit misplaced:

-In La Liga we literally faced by far the worst Real Madrid team during Messi's tenure. Atletico were also nowhere near those mid 2010s teams. So, we were basically playing alone (second team finished with 76 points, a stark contrast compared to some 90+ seasons!)

-In CL we faced some rather mediocre teams on the road to the final. Lyon for the R16 was an average opponent to be fair, though it is not rare to face a much more challenging team this early on. Then 2019 ManU in the quarters was also a rather average to below average opponent for this stage. Liverpool was the first great side we faced and we choked hard. This notion that 'we would win the CL' also heavily relies on the fact that we would face the ... mighty Spurs in the final :lol: A historically weak opponent for the final.

So yeah, great season no doubt, but maybe the main reason it is considered better than e.g. 09/10, 16/17, 12/13 etc. is this great CL run and the La Liga title, which, when put in context, are not that huge of achievements after all.

Messigician

True, I agree. I put 18/19 only behind 10/11, 14/15 and 11/12.

Though, to be honest (and this is a dig to Valverde and the rest of that sorry team, not Messi), this "we almost got the CL/treble" claim, is a little bit misplaced:

-In La Liga we literally faced by far the worst Real Madrid team during Messi's tenure. Atletico were also nowhere near those mid 2010s teams. So, we were basically playing alone (second team finished with 76 points, a stark contrast compared to some 90+ seasons!)

-In CL we faced some rather mediocre teams on the road to the final. Lyon for the R16 was an average opponent to be fair, though it is not rare to face a much more challenging team this early on. Then 2019 ManU in the quarters was also a rather average to below average opponent for this stage. Liverpool was the first great side we faced and we choked hard. This notion that 'we would win the CL' also heavily relies on the fact that we would face the ... mighty Spurs in the final :lol: A historically weak opponent for the final.

So yeah, great season no doubt, but maybe the main reason it is considered better than e.g. 09/10, 16/17, 12/13 etc. is this great CL run and the La Liga title, which, when put in context, are not that huge of achievements after all.
?

We would have gotten more points if league wasn’t wrapped up early

2 we already beat Spurs in group stage, and we were a dembele tap in away from winning the treble because…

3 we lost Copa final because of anfield fallout

I am ooot

MontenegrinCuler

Still baffles me how little things such as Dumbele miss or corner taken quickly have pretty much determined the course of our club's history after that. Pretty sure had we won the treble things would be going different seasons after that.

And it really wasn't that far away. Even though we weren't that good, it was just other teams being shit (except Liverpool ofc)

The GOAT deserved it too, to have his 5th UCL and 3rd treble before the international glory - instead of 4-0, 8-2 disasters he had to go through.

Home of Barca Fans