Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

Nothing ridiculous about it, that thobe to Messi represents a medal in itself. It?s to show he?s achieved excellence and attained a great feat. The man himself wasn?t bothered but you?re here feeling offended on his behalf. You?re even comparing Qatar saying don?t impose your culture on us to them doing this IN THIER OWN COUNTRY. Come off it.

snowy

Btw, as an insane Jordan fan, I have to say Messi's last dance (the fucking world cup against a stacked France) at age 35, scoring 7 goals and 3 assists...makes MJ's 1998 season finale look like a pub game.

All due respect, but there won't be a better last dance than this.

This :pique1:

and it's not just the win, but the manner of the win

only player in history with 2 golden balls

out of this world vision and control :alien:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Netflix licking their chops for the eventual documentary. Fairytale ending to Messi's career

Messi's had a camera team following him this WC apparently. Was reported before the tourney started. They have been filming a docu. Not sure if Netflix though. Could be Argentine producers.

raskolnikov

Nothing ridiculous about it, that thobe to Messi represents a medal in itself. It?s to show he?s achieved excellence and attained a great feat. The man himself wasn?t bothered but you?re here feeling offended on his behalf. You?re even comparing Qatar saying don?t impose your culture on us to them doing this IN THIER OWN COUNTRY. Come off it.
Still findit weird a bit. Imagine France winning ec in Germany in 2024 and they put Mbappe in lederhosen.

Di it with the best player award or afterwards for a pic or something.
All in all not sych a big deal. Messi wasnt bothered by it.

Temptation

Btw, as an insane Jordan fan, I have to say Messi's last dance (the fucking world cup against a stacked France) at age 35, scoring 7 goals and 3 assists...makes MJ's 1998 season finale look like a pub game.

All due respect, but there won't be a better last dance than this.

Basketball just doesn't have the movie esque/ cinematic emotions or feelings of greatness Football has.

With all due respect to MJ, Football has a different level of reach. People around the world have reactions to Football while most countries just don't acknowledge Basketball in the same way.

Any WC triumph is way bigger.

serghei

If he had work without ball so much when Barcelona were fucked in the Champions League for several years in a row ...

He was very good in 2019 IMO. If they had an Emi Martinez instead of that Stegen clown in goal they would've made the treble for the third time under Messi.

Can't do it all alone in a team game. Even today, Emi doesn't save that sitter in the last second they go home without the cup in tears. It is a team sport in the end.

You can carry 4-5 weaker players who work hard, but you still need a genius like Messi and other 2-3 elite players to do the heavy lifting in terms of saves and finishing touch.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He was very good in 2019 IMO. If they had an Emi Martinez instead of that Stegen clown in goal they would've made the treble for the third time under Messi.

Can't do it all alone in a team game. Even today, Emi doesn't save that sitter in the last second they go home without the cup in tears. It is a team sport in the end.

He was also good at Anfield IMO. Not his best game, but by far the best player on the team and the only one who had a positive impact.

Temptation

Did today do anything positive for Mbappe's legacy? I thought he was tremendous and showed god tier composure in the big moments.

Horatio

You're welcome
We did it [MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION]
We did it

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't believe it! We did it!

I was celebrating with mad in a bar with Argentinians and French. Stuck the Argentinian flag in face of sad French! Thought that was the end of me but they are fair losers!!!

I brought my mate and my copa jersey still sealed. Peepz told me to keep it sealed as it has been until final.

KingLeo10

Did today do anything positive for Mbappe's legacy? I thought he was tremendous and showed god tier composure in the big moments.

He's an animal. I hate him, but he will easily go down as the WC topscorer all time.

To drop a hat-trick in a WC final takes big balls. He's only behind ZZ all time in terms of French legends.

serghei

He was also good at Anfield IMO. Not his best game, but by far the best player on the team and the only one who had a positive impact.

Yeah, he was, not unbelievably good (due to some good chances missed), but still good enough to easily make the final if not for a massive letdown from some of our so-called stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans