Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

He was never coming back to Barca. He will play a testimonial I’m sure but the MLS will beckon in a year I’d imagine.

JamDav1982

He was never coming back to Barca. He will play a testimonial I’m sure but the MLS will beckon in a year I’d imagine.

Not with the way they shafted him.

Clearly has no time whatsoever for Laporta nor all these headlines and words of Laporta about him either.

It was just away to ramp up again with more political shite and Messi has cut it off early doors.

JohnN

He is not coming back. Another political game by laporta and his media to get rid of accountability by saying it's on Messi if he wants to return. He shouldn't. Just let him have a shot at cl and us try to build something new and get over the fact the golden generation is over.

Windhook

Joan Laporta's intention is to speak with Leo Messi in the coming days to convince the player to sign for Barcelona. He believes the move is feasible, as it would be a free transfer.

? @sport

Another PR by Laporta's camp. The club celebrates Messi for days now, but I don't think Messi could forgive in such a short time what Laporta couldn't deliver as promised - new contract.

KingLeo10

Just give the man a packed Camp Nou testimonial he deserves and stop harassing him for fan goodwill. We're in Europa and can't beat a single top team...focus on that first

JamDav1982

Another PR by Laporta's camp. The club celebrates Messi for days now, but I don't think Messi could forgive in such a short time what Laporta couldn't deliver as promised - new contract.

I dont think Messis issue is that they couldnt resign him... it is that they fed him and media lies about it being a matter of time and lied about it to point could no more. Then left Messi trying to find a new club and uproot family late in summer.

Laporta/Barca media then constantly talk about him... 'could have played for free' or about them meeting at balondor, trying to sign Messi again in future.

It would seem Messi cant stand Laporta and has no time for his politics and use of his name.

Much calmer environment in France for him.

Doubt Messi will ever be back at Barca in any capacity until next board in.

Jadentheman

He might present the trophy at Parc des Princes. In front of Mbappe. He’s feeling himself. Be wild to do that while Neymar and others clap him

Windhook

Maybe a comeback in the future for a few months like beckham used to do in the past. Or Henry wkth Arsenal or Davids with us.

Don't forget your avatar - Henry returned to Arsenal for few months 10 years ago. Overall those returns are mostly waste of time IMO, but that's Messi we are talking, so who knows. Messi is disciplined, unlike Maradona who returned cokehead after the WC 1994 ban to Boca.

Windhook

I dont think Messis issue is that they couldnt resign him... it is that they fed him and media lies about it being a matter of time and lied about it to point could no more. Then left Messi trying to find a new club and uproot family late in summer.

Laporta/Barca media then constantly talk about him... 'could have played for free' or about them meeting at balondor, trying to sign Messi again in future.

It would seem Messi cant stand Laporta and has no time for his politics and use of his name.

Much calmer environment in France for him.

Doubt Messi will ever be back at Barca in any capacity until next board in.

We went through that discussion a year ago. From my perspective I don't blame anyone but the previous board who went for Florentino's flawed Galacticos philosophy. Then COVID finished us.

Our own Messis y Puigs.:lol:

Last edited:

malvolio

Just give the man a packed Camp Nou testimonial he deserves and stop harassing him for fan goodwill. We're in Europa and can't beat a single top team...focus on that first

Not sure he'll do anything of sorts while Laporta is still in office. Probably Pique comes after that and we'll be forever asking when Messi will have his Barca testimonial game. Catalan whores ruining it all. Starting with Rosell who basically booted Pep out and wanted Messi replaced with Neymar.

On the other hand Messi can play at top level and has his pick of when he can go an play South American qualifiers. In the end he won again, like he did all his life.

L3v1s

He might present the trophy at Parc des Princes. In front of Mbappe. He’s feeling himself. Be wild to do that while Neymar and others clap him

I think they can only present their medals, but not sure if all the clubs do this. It would be a little bit awkward between them and perhaps even the PSG fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans