Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaOG

Banned
Think Argentina are the favorites for the Copa 2024.

I rate the midfield of Enzo, De Paul, Paredes, Lo Celso, MacAllister, Palacios better than Brazil's

Brazil still doesn't have any good fullbacks as of right now from what I know so far, maybe Vinicus Tobias might suddenly pop up.

They have better attackers though, but as we've seen from the golden generation of Arg. with Messi, Higuain, Aguero and Di Maria, it's certainly not a guarantee.

question is how is it that de paul was so damn effective for argentina but been basically non existent for atleti?

i really think cholo suppresses his players lol. hes an anti-coach

soul24rage

question is how is it that de paul was so damn effective for argentina but been basically non existent for atleti?

Simeone does the same thing with A. Correa and Molina. As an Argentinian, ATM is the worst place to go ironically enough.

BarcaOG

Banned
agree. i mean look at what cholo did with joao felix lol. wasted 2-3 of his best years.

lets pray cholo never takes charge of argentina

KingLeo10

Argentina have the greatest collective spirit/unity among the NTs though. And Messi and Scaloni have both been exceptional leaders to make this happen.

I mean when you compare the talent of the Argentina and France squads, it really wasn't a contest. But Argentina had double the shots overall and double the shots on goal than France. And much more mental strength in the pens.

ajnotkeith

The difference between international football and club.

De Paul's schtick of running, pressing, diving for fouls and being a nuisance is great in Argentina's simplified system where they are all just clearing up space for Messi and making up for his defensive deficits, but for ATM or any other club he isn't just a workhorse, he needs to add more, but just doesn't have the creativity or skill to be an actual top midfielder.

KingLeo10

De Paul's schtick of running, pressing, diving for fouls and being a nuisance is great in Argentina's simplified system where they are all just clearing up space for Messi and making up for his defensive deficits, but for ATM or any other club he isn't just a workhorse, he needs to add more, but just doesn't have the creativity or skill to be an actual top midfielder.

AM doesn't also have difference making elite forwards like Messi and Di Maria to make De Paul's workhorse efforts pay off.

BarcaOG

Banned

im not sure about that. i think that does not give the credit that is due to Scaloni's work. this argentina is not about 'simply' 'clearing space for messi'. they are an all around strong team with multiple threats

i agree though that these argentinian squad just absolutely die for the shirt. u have got to love that passion

Messigician

This Argentina team is massively overrated

They conceded a goal every time France breathed on them

They are lucky Deschamps is a terrorist who doesn't know ball, any real coach would win easily

BarcaOG

Banned

They are lucky Deschamps is a terrorist who doesn't know ball, any real coach would win easily

r u high

they are continental and world champions. also beat italy, euro champ, in finalissima

this argentina definitely has defensive liabilities (i.e. game vs netherlands and last 20 mins against france lol)

but they are not overrated...

soul24rage

Overrated to what exactly?

And show some respect to Deschamps. He reached 1 Euro finals and 2 WC finals. That's an incredible achievement.

Messigician

r u high

they are continental and world champions. also beat italy, euro champ, in finalissima

this argentina definitely has defensive liabilities (i.e. game vs netherlands and last 20 mins against france lol)

but they are not overrated...

Italy didn't even make the world cup lol

Copa champions from knocking out Brazil who lost to Croatia (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans