Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaman

messi can thank his lucky stars he didnt go to city. hed look even worse there and would be perma benched by pep who knows (unlike u lot here) that messi cant cut it anymore

City are a better team and keep the ball better than psg so it would suit messi. Anyway there is no way messi could look any worse. He's just going through a bad spell like the start of last season. He had a busy summer and is clearly not fully fit after injury. Same situation as de bruyne at the moment

Morten

City are a better team and keep the ball better than psg so it would suit messi. Anyway there is no way messi could look any worse. He's just going through a bad spell like the start of last season. He had a busy summer and is clearly not fully fit after injury. Same situation as de bruyne at the moment

City certainly look better than PSG, but they are more wasteful with chances, as we saw when the two met.
Average as PSG may be at times, they have bigger match-winners.

eaman

City certainly look better than PSG, but they are more wasteful with chances, as we saw when the two met.
Average as PSG may be at times, they have bigger match-winners.

Ya but messi would look better there and that's my point. Psg have better attackers but that is it. Europa league level midfield really

Morten

Ya but messi would look better there and that's my point. Psg have better attackers but that is it. Europa league level midfield really

Probably, also, Pep knows him very well.

Besides that, while it can be fun to see what he and Mbappe can accomplish together, personally i would have loved to watch Messi in the premier league, but that wasn't to be :(

SmilerBam

There won't be another talent like Messi with a career that successful, in the next 100 years. By then football will probably be played exclusively in virtual reality by some fat guys sitting on their sofas.

At least in my lifetime I won't see another one like him.

Good thing we will be dead until then, rather dead than experience that.

Rory

Our average attendance is down by about 35,000. How much is the average ticket? €70? Just over €46m income we’re missing out on if it stays like this all season.

The Messi effect

Edit: these numbers are just for la liga btw. If we include ucl too then even worse

sickstar

I have compared this season to last season.. it's an awful condition like this too, last season.

At 11th weekend it's 5-2-4 for us last season or 17 points, today it's 4-4-3 (16 points). I haven't checked the position in the table but most probably mid table position too.

After the 11th game (levante) last season, though, we're undefeated in the next 18 games.. with a record of 15-3-0 after that game. We have just defeated by cadiz the previous game.

Then i see messi's number, at that 11th game he's at 5 goals + 2 assists ,around 0.6 goal contribution per game. Until 29th game which is the last game before our defeat against madrid (the 2nd against them last season), he scored 18 goals + 8 assists in 18 games or around 1.4 goal contribution per game, an increase of more than 100% (0.6 to 1.4) from until the levante game. In total it was a 19 game undefeated run (levante 11th game to valladolid 29th game).
Edit: wait, it's 26 g+a in 16 games (he was absent in 2 games).. so it's a staggering 1.6 goal contribution then lol.

You know what other interesting part about this stat?... Today it's memphis with the exact 5 goals + 2 assists at 11th game. Memphis is our messi of last season lol. Anyway, it's a tough task for any footballer to mirror what messi done last season. Hopefully memphis read this post (like he would lol) and realize it's now his and other barca player's duty. Maybe if 3rd position is difficult, at least 5th. It's understandable because he's no messi, also we now played with the likes of gavi, puig etc together with our golden youngsters from last season, pedri, araujo, dest etc.

Heck before the madrid game, as far as i can remember, we even have big chance to overtook the table leader.

Last edited:

JohnN

I have compared this season to last season.. it's an awful condition like this too, last season.

At 11th weekend it's 5-2-4 for us last season or 17 points, today it's 4-4-3 (16 points). I haven't checked the position in the table but most probably mid table position too.

After the 11th game (levante) last season, though, we're undefeated in the next 18 games.. with a record of 15-3-0 after that game. We have just defeated by cadiz the previous game.

Then i see messi's number, at that 11th game he's at 5 goals + 2 assists ,around 0.6 goal contribution per game. Until 29th game which is the last game before our defeat against madrid (the 2nd against them last season), he scored 18 goals + 8 assists in 18 games or around 1.4 goal contribution per game, an increase of more than 100% (0.6 to 1.4) from until the levante game. In total it was a 19 game undefeated run (levante 11th game to valladolid 29th game).
Edit: wait, it's 26 g+a in 16 games (he was absent in 2 games).. so it's a staggering 1.6 goal contribution then lol.

You know what other interesting part about this stat?... Today it's memphis with the exact 5 goals + 2 assists at 11th game. Memphis is our messi of last season lol. Anyway, it's a tough task for any footballer to mirror what messi done last season. Hopefully memphis read this post (like he would lol) and realize it's now his and other barca player's duty. Maybe if 3rd position is difficult, at least 5th. It's understandable because he's no messi, also we now played with the likes of gavi, puig etc together with our golden youngsters from last season, pedri, araujo, dest etc.

Heck before the madrid game, as far as i can remember, we even have big chance to overtook the table leader.

Well, last season we had Messi, even at this age, to stepp up. Who can we depend on this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans