Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnN

In someway sad to see the Messi and and Ronaldo fanboys that have lived vicariously through them attempting to rationalize their idols' declines. The helpless desperation as they cling on the last few years of relevancy before having to face an identity crisis themselves. Ronaldo disciples have already started to transition their fixation to Mbappe. Messi diehards on the other hand seem to be a mixed bag, right now I see a lot of them worshipping Pep. Let's see what the future holds.

Football fans have a hard time dealing with once in a lifetime players reaching the end of their career. Nothing new really.

feggydinho

To get the best out of Current Messi, he needs a mobile striker ahead of him more than ever.

This is something Scaloni seems to understand.

The truth is Messi breaks the chemistry of any team with his awful off-the-ball movement, and sadly that won't change again as he's spoiled in it. You don't see any player just walking the way Messi walks, even Ronaldo or Zlatan that is older dont walk as Messi does. Argentina and Barca had to try to cover it since he's a legend for them, but no other new club would gladly welcome it. He's been subbed twice for Psg and Psg went on to win, that speaks volumes.. Messi still does his thing when the ball is at his feet but in modern football how you play without the ball also matters. I wish Messi could just press, make runs and open like any other player, Di Maria presses and he's 33. it's sad, but it is what it is and I think Psg would've been better of with Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria upfront that bringing Messi to change it, someone like Salah would've been better for them

Laplacian

In someway sad to see the Messi and and Ronaldo fanboys that have lived vicariously through them attempting to rationalize their idols' declines. The helpless desperation as they cling on the last few years of relevancy before having to face an identity crisis themselves. Ronaldo disciples have already started to transition their fixation to Mbappe. Messi diehards on the other hand seem to be a mixed bag, right now I see a lot of them worshipping Pep. Let's see what the future holds.

Unfortunately for Messi fans Messi level talents appear every 20-30 or so years. It'll be like 10 years (30 years after Messi's debut) or so before they meet their next Messi. Hope all is well until then.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The truth is Messi breaks the chemistry of any team with his awful off-the-ball movement, and sadly that won't change again as he's spoiled in it. You don't see any player just walking the way Messi walks, even Ronaldo or Zlatan that is older dont walk as Messi does. Argentina and Barca had to try to cover it since he's a legend for them, but no other new club would gladly welcome it. He's been subbed twice for Psg and Psg went on to win, that speaks volumes.. Messi still does his thing when the ball is at his feet but in modern football how you play without the ball also matters. I wish Messi could just press, make runs and open like any other player, Di Maria presses and he's 33. it's sad, but it is what it is and I think Psg would've been better of with Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria upfront that bringing Messi to change it, someone like Salah would've been better for them

He doesnt walk at argentinia like at the club

eaman

It's his own fault for maybe listening to his father and going to that average disjointed team. It could really only have been better at city. He'd be with a better team that suited him more and a top manager that he hasn't had in a long time. It I'll probably get better when he he's fully fit and the team start playing as one but this psg would need Chelsea 2012 luck to win the champions league

JohnN

Messi didn't have many options at this stage. Not many clubs could pay his wages and city were covered with transfers. It's good for him he left this toxic club. PSG will never witness his consistent genius as we did, anyway. Most players this age are already retired. I am really not sure what the expectations are of him except some clutch moments, he already proved he can provide.

khaled_a_d

Messi didn't have many options at this stage. Not many clubs could pay his wages and city were covered with transfers.

Did they? They have went after CR7 2 weeks after Messi joined PSG.
Seems like a PR move from Pep when they already knew Messi choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans