Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

When Pep told him to stay at Barca and said as much in press and then they did not make a single bid for him.

Not quite all out.

May have taken him then if free but didnt try for him this past summer.

Pep is a liar. Jorge Messi didn't fly to Manchester for fun

JamDav1982

Pep is a liar. Jorge Messi didn't fly to Manchester for fun

Jorge and Messi wanted the move. Dont doubt they tried to make it happen.

City were not all out. Pep advised him to stay at Barca and also said it in press.

They didnt bid for him either.

Again.. this summer when free they made no move.

Last edited:

OGbarca

Banned
Jorge and Messi wanted the move. Dont doubt they tried to make it happen.

City were not all out. Pep advised him to stay at Barca and also said it in press.

They didnt bid for him either.

Again.. this summer when free they made no move.

messi can thank his lucky stars he didnt go to city. hed look even worse there and would be perma benched by pep who knows (unlike u lot here) that messi cant cut it anymore

KingLeo10

In someway sad to see the Messi and and Ronaldo fanboys that have lived vicariously through them attempting to rationalize their idols' declines. The helpless desperation as they cling on the last few years of relevancy before having to face an identity crisis themselves. Ronaldo disciples have already started to transition their fixation to Mbappe. Messi diehards on the other hand seem to be a mixed bag, right now I see a lot of them worshipping Pep. Let's see what the future holds.

Could always be worse. Could be a cartwheeler for Neymar like you were :lol:

EDIT: I liked Neymar a lot but I view his departure from Barcelona IN HIS PRIME to be a catalyst for our current state of affairs. Can never forgive him for this. Messi going to PSG is also a bad move but more forgivable since he's essentially on the wane.

Last edited:

malvolio

Unfortunately for Messi fans Messi level talents appear every 20-30 or so years. It'll be like 10 years (30 years after Messi's debut) or so before they meet their next Messi. Hope all is well until then.

There won't be another talent like Messi with a career that successful, in the next 100 years. By then football will probably be played exclusively in virtual reality by some fat guys sitting on their sofas.

At least in my lifetime I won't see another one like him.

Last edited:

Hardy

it's time to comeback to that italian nutritionist (they stopped to work 3 years ago for what I know)

Jadentheman

There won't be another talent like Messi with a career that successful, in the next 100 years. By then football will probably be played exclusively in virtual reality by some fat guys sitting on their sofas.

At least in my lifetime I won't see another one like him.

Agreed. Messi is a centennial talent. It will be far along till we see someone as special as him. By then the game will evolve and players expectations will be different. It will be even more harder to compare.

Windhook

Not sure the nutritionist can help Leo anymore, age 34 is different than 27-28 when he started. Guys like Ramos and CR7 train like crazy individually in their free time to stay in shape. While with Messi things are more natural and genius. He's not obsessed with his physique and admitted (in an interview 3-4 years ago) that he's not capable of making those crazy dribbles anymore.

Morten

Not sure the nutritionist can help Leo anymore, age 34 is different than 27-28 when he started. Guys like Ramos and CR7 train like crazy individually in their free time to stay in shape. While with Messi things are more natural and genius. He's not obsessed with his physique and admitted (in an interview 3-4 years ago) that he's not capable of making those crazy dribbles anymore.

Well, Ramos can't even stay fit anymore so..

malvolio

Again with this obsesion of muscles and looking good on Instagram?

Messi looked in great shape in that picture with Neymar and Mbappe, after the City game.

Not every player has the genes of Ronaldo and not every player has to look like Goretzka FFS.

Messi just got old, it happens.

Windhook

Well, Ramos can't even stay fit anymore so..

Injuries happen.

Again with this obsesion of muscles and looking good on Instagram?

Messi looked in great shape in that picture with Neymar and Mbappe, after the City game.

Not every player has the genes of Ronaldo and not every player has to look like Goretzka FFS.

Messi just got old, it happens.

Yeah, Messi got old and people need to accept that. Different styles and positions. CR7 in the last 10 years transitioned into a CF which demands more physical approach, same with Ramos. Messi doesn't need that, if he dribbled past 4-5 players with the speed he had in 2010 my jaw will drop and sell Camp Nou just to buy him back.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Messi looks in good shape and would bet he does everything to the letter that he can to give himself the best chance.

Looks not right since the Copa final when clearly carrying an injury and disrupted pre season probably didnt help.

The issue for PSG even when he is fully fit is putting together a balanced side when so many of their top players cant/wont do the work off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans