Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGbarca

Banned
Come on how was that Messi's fault ? He scored twice and one of them was banger. It's unreasonable to blame the collapse of our backline , GK and midfield on him. Put him in any other team with the same lead and he would have been in the final.

I for one don't blame Juve's exit against Ajax and Lyon on CR7. The guy scored his goals in both those games and should have easily progressed to the next stage with a competent team.

well it wasnt entirely messis fault. but the claim most of you guys want to defend is that messi is the GOAT and all that. well, that actually has to mean something; i.e., it has to be demonstrated when it matters. if you cant count on supposedly the best of all time to bail you out of trouble then--the title is meaningless

my whole point is actually the opposite: messi is not nearly as good as all that. he doesnt deserve the goat title precisely because he cant make good on it. so the expectation should be much lower.

im judging him by the standrds you lot have of him. and by that standard, his head-down, walking around defeated at anfield is inexcusable

KingLeo10

well it wasnt entirely messis fault. but the claim most of you guys want to defend is that messi is the GOAT and all that. well, that actually has to mean something; i.e., it has to be demonstrated when it matters. if you cant count on supposedly the best of all time to bail you out of trouble then--the title is meaningless

my whole point is actually the opposite: messi is not nearly as good as all that. he doesnt deserve the goat title precisely because he cant make good on it. so the expectation should be much lower.

im judging him by the standrds you lot have of him. and by that standard, his head-down, walking around defeated at anfield is inexcusable

Yes, he should be more like CR7 and kick the opposition players when getting 0-5ed by Pool :lol:

OGbarca

Banned
barca fan= wanting barcelona to do well, win trophies, play well and all that

messi as the 'leader' of the team for the last 6 years= the club has become the meme of the CL, losing clasico after clasico, not winning the title for years despite messi scoring boat loads against eibar and osasuna

its perfectly reasonable to be critical of messi while being a barca fan. most here are the opposite: they would rather messi score 50 goals against almeria as long as he won the golden boot, but apparently it doesnt matter at all if he just walks around in the big games and puts his head down as we get spanked in clasicos and CL

no thanks

OGbarca

Banned
Yes, he should be more like CR7 and kick the opposition players when getting 0-5ed by Pool :lol:

? where are you even getting that? you might be a worse reader than i thought, lol. i teach 19 year old undergraduates whose comprehension is better than this, lmao

2-8 vs bayern; 3-1 at home vs paris with mbappe pissing on messis face

cope

Morten

He does his speaking on the pitch(a lot of the time anyway), what does walking around looking sad has to do with it?

Okay, Ronaldo looks more angry/fustrated when his team is losing, what good does it do the times he doesn't score?

This doesn't have much to do with anything.

KingLeo10

barca fan= wanting barcelona to do well, win trophies, play well and all that

messi as the 'leader' of the team for the last 6 years= the club has become the meme of the CL, losing clasico after clasico, not winning the title for years despite messi scoring boat loads against eibar and osasuna

its perfectly reasonable to be critical of messi while being a barca fan. most here are the opposite: they would rather messi score 50 goals against almeria as long as he won the golden boot, but apparently it doesnt matter at all if he just walks around in the big games and puts his head down as we get spanked in clasicos and CL

no thanks

Messi is gone this season. Is he still to blame for us sitting in 10th in LL and being even worse in CL?

Maybe as a self-professed, holier than thou Barca fan (who cares about this team more than us non fans), you should direct your posts towards how this team can be improved/constructive stuff rather than come on the forum every time CR7 scores with a "SIUUUUU"

:lol:

Rassvet

? where are you even getting that? you might be a worse reader than i thought, lol. i teach 19 year old undergraduates whose comprehension is better than this, lmao

2-8 vs bayern; 3-1 at home vs paris with mbappe pissing on messis face

cope

I forgot you were a professor :lol:

OGbarca

Banned
He does his speaking on the pitch(a lot of the time anyway), what does walking around looking sad has to do with it?

Okay, Ronaldo looks more angry/fustrated when his team is losing, what good does it do the times he doesn't score?

This doesn't have much to do with anything.

messi is a defeatist, thats why it matters. he doesnt fight when we needed him to fight most. CR is the opposite. and that is why he scores SOOOOOO many late winners

its cool if you disagree, but i dont think your best player should give up at half time, hardly run, mope around with his head down already waiting to travel home crying

OGbarca

Banned
Messi is gone this season. Is he still to blame for us sitting in 10th in LL and being even worse in CL?

Maybe as a self-professed, holier than thou Barca fan (who cares about this team more than us non fans), you should direct your posts towards how this team can be improved/constructive stuff rather than come on the forum every time CR7 scores with a "SIUUUUU"

:lol:

the team is in complete shambles and i have nothing to contribute other than my best wishes to xavi and the suggestion that he axes all the amigos

this is about you silly wombat actually thinking messi deserves the bdor despite being a serial loser for years except for the copa (and kudos to messi for winning that, to be sure). especially because i remember very clearly how you lot almost broke your minds trying to undermine CR's euro victory in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans