Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten

A bit of a false sense of security for Argentina because of the state the other South American teams are in at the moment (same with Brazil's record outside of the Copa final).

With Argentina officially qualified Messi can start to prioritise PSG for the rest of the season. He's not going there at all yet.

Still, its Argentina. Barcelona. PSG. In that order.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I don't see why the criteria should not become objective and made public as well

This award is being used more and more as a 'metric' of the historical value of a player.
Either we stop using this as a metric in any discussion OR there should be some objectivity and consistency in how they vote for it

true

Messigician

Agent Alves

🗣️ Dani Alves: ?If Messi allows me, I'll go to him and bring him here. Messi is the best player in history and the best teammate I've had. I have great relationship with him, I miss him, it would be amazing if he returns.?

Andresito

Staff member
Just won GOAL's top 50. Dubai d'Or next.

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Lewandowski
4. Salah
5. Mbappe
6. Haaland
7. Benzema
8. Kante
9. De Bruyne
10. Neymar

It's based on fan votes, hence the somewhat weird top 10. Take Kubo takes place #50.

In my opinion if we value more individual performances the award should have been like this:

2008: CR
2009:Messi
2010:Messi
2011:Messi
2012:Messi
2013:CR
2014:CR
2015:Messi
2016:CR
2017:CR
2018:Salah
2019:Messi
2020:Lewa
2021:Lewa

And if we value team accomplishments more:

2009: Messi
2010: Sneijder or Xavi
2011: Messi
2012: Messi
2013: Ribery
2014: CR
2015: Messi
2016: CR
2017: CR
2018: Modric
2019: Messi or Van Djik
2020: Lewa
2021: Lewa or Messi

if we value more individual performances the award should have been like this:

2013:Ribery
2014:CR/ di maria
2016:Neymar
2017:Messi
2021:Messi

but hey some fans you don't know how they see football nowadays :lol:

Messi983

Just won GOAL's top 50. Dubai d'Or next.

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Lewandowski
4. Salah
5. Mbappe
6. Haaland
7. Benzema
8. Kante
9. De Bruyne
10. Neymar

It's based on fan votes, hence the somewhat weird top 10. Take Kubo takes place #50.

Lol.

Isn't Dubai d'Or CR's personal award?

bismp

if we value more individual performances the award should have been like this:

2013:Ribery
2014:CR/ di maria
2016:Neymar
2017:Messi
2021:Messi

but hey some fans you don't know how they see football nowadays :lol:

You think that Ribery was the best INDIVIDUAL in 2013? Better than Messi and Ronaldo?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

ribery
messi
cr7

messi got injured while he was way better but ribery at the end should've won it

I hope youre not serious :lol: Messi was most of the time injured. If we look on titles then Ribery should have won it, if we look on individual base then Ronaldo. 2016 i would have given it to Suarez, not Neymar.

F1_STK

Jos? El?as (Bar?a 's highest guarantor): "Messi's departure was coming."
"Bar?a had to generate a new team and with Messi you couldn't. He's at a certain age not to be at Bar?a..."
"To convert Bar?a into a winning team passes through a post-Messi project, a decision had to be made eventually."
"Messi wasn't crying because he wasn't staying at Bar?a, but for a range of things. He was finishing a cycle. And on top of that, he had made his life in Barcelona with his family."
"Bar?a also had some economic and organisational limitations, So there were three reasons for which Messi could not continue."
"The organisation of the club's wage bill: they had to tackle some salary reductions which were difficult to understand. Two, we didn't have money to pay him and we were doing handstands to pay him in installments, which is what they are doing in Paris. You have to delude yourself to believe that he could continue."

Birdy

Jos? El?as (Bar?a 's highest guarantor): "Messi's departure was coming."
"Bar?a had to generate a new team and with Messi you couldn't. He's at a certain age not to be at Bar?a..."
"To convert Bar?a into a winning team passes through a post-Messi project, a decision had to be made eventually."

Hard truth this one for all the fanboys to swallow...

Bobo32

I don't keep track of the years in my mind, but I thought Messi should've won before Kaka in 2007, and I believe he should've won pretty much every year since then. The last 5 years or so I guess there could be an argument some of the years, he was pretty poor last fall for example, but I still believe he was clearly the best in the world by a margin over most calendar years.

It would've been cool if this was his 15th Balloon Door :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans