Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Please, Xavi was Rakitic's sub.

I don't clown Messi by saying he chose the boring and easy route. It's very logical for a person (and family) led by money and comfort.

10 months ago you were claiming Messi was around Xavi's 2015 level when he left us.

Also lol, money and comfort. Isn't that what Xavi's been doing for years as a manager in Qatar...while expecting to be handed the Barcelona job just like that. If you're going to deride people, don't play favorites to such an extent where you gotta be exposed for it.

Porque

La Liga is definitely moving towards being a farmer's league. Tactics are extremely sterile and repetitive at this point, nothing new to bring fresh styles, EPL is way more diverse and has everything right now. More competition even. Most anticipated games like the clasico has gone downhill ever since, now that Messi left its gonna be boring as hell.

LaLiga needs to review it's financial model for sure. And selling a stake while alienating your biggest assets isn't it.

Make no mistake, Ligue1 is a fun watch but it has nowhere near the global pull or potential as LaLiga. PSG on the other hand can/are reach status of one of Europe's super clubs and one of the worlds big global fanbase.

But being Qatari owned will also affect their global followship and Messi won't effect the needle hugely as they are still only getting him past his peak.

But their league will also work against them and they will always be judged by the CL unless somehow a major investor like the Saudi's buy a second city club like Marseille, Lyon. But there still isn't a historic rivalry there and former super clubs like Marseille and St Etienne have lost atleast 2 generations unlike Barca, Madrid, Atletico.

They also got an old Beckham who didn't move the needle long term.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Please, Xavi was Rakitic's sub.

I don't clown Messi by saying he chose the boring and easy route. It's very logical for a person (and family) led by money and comfort.

Which EPL team was left anyway? I am sure City wasn't interested. United bought Sancho. Chelsea? I would pick PSG over them for sure (as a forward).

serghei

10 months ago you were claiming Messi was around Xavi's 2015 level when he left us.

Also lol, money and comfort. Isn't that what Xavi's been doing for years as a manager in Qatar...while expecting to be handed the Barcelona job just like that. If you're going to deride people, don't play favorites to such an extent where you gotta be exposed for it.

Did you see me ever defending Xavi's move to Qatar? Probably not. So why you bring that in as an argument?

JamDav1982

Irrespective of that, he was also another player the club booted out like a dog. In a long line of players that received this treatment. Messi being the recent example.

Valdes decided to leave as offered more money elsewhere.

He wasnt booted out.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

La Liga is definitely moving towards being a farmer's league. Tactics are extremely sterile and repetitive at this point, nothing new to bring fresh styles, EPL is way more diverse and has everything right now. More competition even. Most anticipated games like the clasico has gone downhill ever since, now that Messi left its gonna be boring as hell.

I dont see it that bad, if barca/real/atletico get 2-3 good transfer they are back. Villareal has beaten Manu last season in EL final.

Nazario1985

Fuck you Barto..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">💔 Aficionados del Bar?a, destrozados por la marcha de Leo Messi <br><br>#⃣ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MessiEnGol?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MessiEnGol</a> <a href="https://t.co/v3h2qRez4B">pic.twitter.com/v3h2qRez4B</a></p>— Directo Gol (@DirectoGol) <a href="https://twitter.com/DirectoGol/status/1424420176120909824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans