Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

His decision was to not sign CVC in format it was last summer.

Barca absolutely if did not have to do that would still have Messi and probably paying him 50m+ a season even when playing eleswhere.

Lucky escape and not some decision based on time to let Messi move on.

Messigician

Breaking

Laporta agrees with Bartomeu

Laporta: "I would like to thank the members for agreeing to sell 49% of the rights to the Barcelona Studios project at the last general meeting, we have some interesting offers."

So he is selling Barca studios and signing CVC deal

Everything Bartoemu said he would do in order to keep Messi

HMMMMMM

Something fishy is going on guys

Oh and Messi's enemies all left the club

Reverter, the gurantor, and various others

JamDav1982

Nostalgic reasons are not enough to take Messi back.

It is like Real taking Ronaldo back now.

Times have passed.

Decisions should be based on what is best for team and a lot of progress made goes if Messi arrives back.

Best hope is PSG are not having it if Barca ever go down that road.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We won't sign him. Barca have moved on and so has Messi.

But Laporta should do his best to amend the broken relationship. Whether that is possible or not I'm unsure about, but it would be a tragedy if Messi never gets the send-off he deserves at Camp Nou because he doesn't want anything to do with this board.

JamDav1982

We won't sign him. Barca have moved on and so has Messi.

But Laporta should do his best to amend the broken relationship. Whether that is possible or not I'm unsure about, but it would be a tragedy if Messi never gets the send-off he deserves at Camp Nou because he doesn't want anything to do with this board.

Fall out with board would not stop Messi coming back if they both wanted it.

Not sure why he would refuse a send off either due to the board even if disagrees with way he left. Messi is not daft and knows Barca is much more than current board.

Messigician

Not sure why he would refuse a send off either due to the board even if disagrees with way he left. Messi is not daft and knows Barca is much more than current board.

Laporta could just blame Reverter and old CVC deal anyway

JamDav1982

I don't know

I think Messi understands the business. He did try to leave on a free with his last game being a 8-2 humiliation

Messi is clearly upset with board and way he left so doesnt see it as business but yeah he tried to pull off move to leave summer before. As much a tantrum about the selling Suarez as anything.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

We won't want it. People around Laporta have made it abundantly clear Messi needed to go for us to rebuild. If Haaland isn't signed which seem pretty likely at this point I think we'll either not spend that money or spend it on a player like de Ligt or Kounde instead.

JamDav1982

We won't want it. People around Laporta have made it abundantly clear Messi needed to go for us to rebuild. If Haaland isn't signed which seem pretty likely at this point I think we'll either not spend that money or spend it on a player like de Ligt or Kounde instead.

That is not reason Messi left.

They wanted to keep him and pay him 50m a season and for years he may not even play.

The idea Messi left as they wanted to rebuild is false. The finances wouldnt allow it and Laporta wanted to go with CVC deal to pay Messi until Reverter said cannot put that cost on future of club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans