Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

We won't want it. People around Laporta have made it abundantly clear Messi needed to go for us to rebuild. If Haaland isn't signed which seem pretty likely at this point I think we'll either not spend that money or spend it on a player like de Ligt or Kounde instead.

Yeah but Laporta fired the people around him who said that like the gurantor guy lol

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That is not reason Messi left.

They wanted to keep him and pay him 50m a season and for years he may not even play.

The idea Messi left as they wanted to rebuild is false.

Sure.

But that doesn't mean people within the board aren't okay with him not being here so they can rebuild in peace without the immediate expectations that comes with having Messi around.

Either way he's not returning to Barca as a player.

JamDav1982

Sure.

But that doesn't mean people within the board aren't okay with him not being here so they can rebuild in peace without the immediate expectations that comes with having Messi around.

Either way he's not returning to Barca as a player.

They decided could not put the cost of CVC on future of club.

Not that they decided Messi should leave to rebuild. But for needing that deal he would be there.

The footballing decision was to keep him. Financial ones meant that couldnt happen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They decided could not put the cost of CVC on future of club.

Not that they decided Messi should leave to rebuild. But for needing that deal he would be there.

The footballing decision was to keep him. Financial ones meant that couldnt happen.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Just saying that likes of Enric Masip, Eduard Romeu, Xavier Puig alluding to being fine with Messi not being at Barca as they can rebuild the team and bring forward a new generation.

I think it's extremely unlikely we bring him back. I bet likes of Alemany, Cruyff, various members of the board won't be in favour of it and Laporta seem to have put his trust in those people instead of trying to interfere all the time.

JamDav1982

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Just saying that likes of Enric Masip, Eduard Romeu, Xavier Puig alluding to being fine with Messi not being at Barca as they can rebuild the team and bring forward a new generation.

I think it's extremely unlikely we bring him back. I bet likes of Alemany, Cruyff, various members of the board won't be in favour of it and Laporta seem to have put his trust in those people instead of trying to interfere all the time.

Barca are losing board members right and left since elections due to interference and not being listened to by all accounts.

Doubt PSG would let Messi go but if they did would not be surprised at all if Barca tried to sign him.

Birdy

Dont care what Alemany wanted.. the point is you said he wouldnt play again as Alemany in charge. Wrong. You were told he would play and Xavi would push for it to happen.

So again there you go... now saying Laporta can over rule Alemany on players like Haaland.

Making point for me.

You got your W for that. What else do you want now?
I couldn't predict Xavi could talk Laporta into giving him another chance and not listening to Allemany.

And, yes Haaland's is Laporta's wet fantasy since before he became elected.
It's well-known

JamDav1982

You got your W for that. What else do you want now?
I couldn't predict Xavi could talk Laporta into giving him another chance and not listening to Allemany.

And, yes Haaland's is Laporta's wet fantasy since before he became elected.
It's well-known

No W for me as was just logical like all top clubs they would play him but the claims you make of power dynamics are not correct and change from transfer to transfer or situation in the squad.

Alemany doesnt have the influence you think and you say on one hand Laporta is reason they move for Haaland but for someone like Messi it matters what Alemany thinks. Makes no sense.

It is know Laporta would love Haaland and Xavi/Alemany would also.

Trying to make out this is just some kind of Laporta quest ignoring others is miles off. They will all want him but unlikely to happen.

BarcaOG

Banned
fuck messi in his last years here he wasnt even impactful enough to help us win copas or leagues :lol: and even while he was still decisive he still didnt decide any crucial CL KO ties for like 5 years. all the while bankrupting the club

fuck him and good riddance

Birdy

No W for me as was just logical like all top clubs they would play him but the claims you make of power dynamics are not correct and change from transfer to transfer or situation in the squad.

Alemany doesnt have the influence you think and you say on one hand Laporta is reason they move for Haaland but for someone like Messi it matters what Alemany thinks. Makes no sense.

It is know Laporta would love Haaland and Xavi/Alemany would also.

Trying to make out this is just some kind of Laporta quest ignoring others is miles off. They will all want him but unlikely to happen.

I didn't say Allemany or Xavi disagree with Haaland.
I pointed out that Laporta had this wet fantasy since time immemorial.
He is the one who is behind the push, he started Haaland rumors and all that.

Different to other transfer targets.
It happens, especially in a club like Barca, which is 'president-oriented' and not 'role/structure oriented' like say liverpool

BarcaOG

Banned
Fuck Messi?? What the heck did he even do to harm the club etc. to warrant this?

oh idk cost the club 500m to walk around for 5-6 years straight playing the full 180 minutes of consecutive CL humiliations (not just losses, but humiliations) being a defeatist losing to real madrid for 2 years straight even while he was captain scoring against cadiz and eibar but doing shit all in important matches other than look sad and defeated in minute 1

yeah fuck him

JamDav1982

I didn't say Allemany or Xavi disagree with Haaland.
I pointed out that Laporta had this wet fantasy since time immemorial.
He is the one who is behind the push, he started Haaland rumors and all that.

Different to other transfer targets.
It happens, especially in a club like Barca, which is 'president-oriented' and not 'role/structure oriented' like say liverpool

Yet you claim Alemany wont let likes of Messi happen and in past Xavi makes every transfer decision.

Now it is about Laporta.

Point remains.

They all want Haaland regardless if Laporta has been more vocal on it for differing reasons. It is not something being pushed by Laporta onto anyone at club.

He wont sign anyway.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
oh idk cost the club 500m to walk around for 5-6 years straight playing the full 180 minutes of consecutive CL humiliations (not just losses, but humiliations) being a defeatist losing to real madrid for 2 years straight even while he was captain scoring against cadiz and eibar but doing shit all in important matches other than look sad and defeated in minute 1

yeah fuck him

You are really something. He bailed us out so many times and sure, as he got older and became less effective/declined, less so and especially not much to show for during CL, still, fuck him?

Is that how you treat a player who has given almost his entire career to your club? And you expect Messi, or anybody, to be always effective for as long as he is playing? What the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans