Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Personally wouldn't bring him back, but would be kinda funny to see how some people here react if it happens.

DonAK

Give me Raphinha as Dembele's replacement if Haaland isn't signed and a LB + new GK.

The player I really hope they look at is Tchouameni but with Kessie likely joining he's probably ruled out.

Laplacian

Give me Raphinha as Dembele's replacement if Haaland isn't signed and a LB + new GK.

The player I really hope they look at is Tchouameni but with Kessie likely joining he's probably ruled out.

Why is one or the other? Raphinha is supposed to have a release clause of 30m I believe, in case Leeds goes down. We could definitely go for both if Haaland's in our plans.

I would Tchouameni but apparently Monaco is charging 80m for him. He could've gone for cheaper last summer but apparently he is even better this season so now Monaco's charging a premium.

gregorrin10

You guys are okay with Dani Alves coming back but not Messi? Lmao...

If it's for really cheap and he accepts not being the main player then I'll welcome him back 100%. Especially if it doesn't compromise our regular transfer targets.

But it will though, no doubt about that. Plus the very real fear the young players catch that Messi-dependicia, just when they learned 'how to swim' on their own. It could set them and the club back to right where we started last summer, or even worse, they may never recover after shifting their game to accommodate for Messi on the pitch. Of course in a perfect world he'd come back all humble, play for next to nothing like Alves and be prepared to only start from the bench, playing maybe one 90 minute match per month max., while being an amazing teacher and leader to our young group. But that's just it, that's only in a perfect world. Things rarely work like that. So it's a tough one. But in my opinion because the cons outweigh the pros, it's a no from me.

DonAK

Why is one or the other? Raphinha is supposed to have a release clause of 30m I believe, in case Leeds goes down. We could definitely go for both if Haaland's in our plans.

I would Tchouameni but apparently Monaco is charging 80m for him. He could've gone for cheaper last summer but apparently he is even better this season so now Monaco's charging a premium.

I just don't see us spending a lot of money on two attacking players tbh, especially with the overall package Haaland would cost. Anyway most signs seem to suggest he'll sign for City.

I wouldn't pay more than 40m for Tchouameni. If he doesn't move this summer they can go all-in for him next summer when he has a year left on his contract, but I feel like some team is surely snapping him up this year.

feggydinho

He re-joins Barca, he would play every minute possible.

Yeah, and Xavi may not be able to bench him if he wants to, we'll also be trying to make the team suit an aging Messi andp don't think that's the right direction right now except Messi changes mentally and accepts a role like Iniesta or Xavi in their final season here.

Messigician

A lot of information is expected in these coming weeks regarding Messi's return to Barcelona.

? @gerardromero

Ah shit here we go again

OGbarca

Banned
Messi had a meltdown at verrati lmfao

He went from being pandered to at Barca to scoring 2 league goals a season

Dude is going to do everything he can to return

well, im not surprised, he was given everything and more at this club. i think its delusional to suggest he'd add anything here, especially one year older than he is now. he is only getting worse lol, and quickly

i think we have an exciting project with a lot of promising youngsters. we need to ship the old crew not bring back their leader lol

Messigician

well, im not surprised, he was given everything and more at this club. i think its delusional to suggest he'd add anything here, especially one year older than he is now. he is only getting worse lol, and quickly

i think we have an exciting project with a lot of promising youngsters. we need to ship the old crew not bring back their leader lol

He probably needed to be carried home after he got booed out of the stadium tbh

Jadentheman

A lot of information is expected in these coming weeks regarding Messi's return to Barcelona.

? @gerardromero

Ah shit here we go again

I swaer the press must love rehashing these situations. This did this for Neymar three times already and now we have to go through with it for Messi :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans