Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassvet

I hadn't seen one of videos in a while but omg the talkfcb video on Messi getting booed is quite something. He must have quite a high rank among the Messi boys.

Tackle

Enjoyed the match tonight. Would never play like that with Leo back even against minnows at home. Let him be at PSG.

malvolio

What amuses me is this discussion about him wanting to be the main man. Like we suddenly turned into a CL challenger and Messi would contend with some world class midfielder or attacker.

Messidepencia was not just about him wanting to make things happen every time, but also a way for many of our players to not take responsibility and just pass to Messi and inshala.

JamDav1982

Knew the rumours would start and he would want back.

Such a backwards step if go through with it.

Team is moving on and would go back to the issues Barca had with him in past and PSG have now.. just an older version.

fergus90

PSG have way too much pride to let him go after 1 season anyway. He'll be there next season at least. That optional 3rd year isn't looking too likely though.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Won't we have to pay to get him back after you know, letting him go for free? This would be disastrous on every level. Don't get me started on his wages.

Barcilliant

My main issue wasn't the effort, it is the combination of effort + deciding to be a playmaker.
I think the smart choice for him was remain as goal scorer rather than a playmaker, the former is far easier to hide your lack of effort

Exactly. Should have just become a poacher like Ronaldo. I think his finishing has actually regressed because he insists on being play maker and dropping so deep.

serghei

Exactly. Should have just become a poacher like Ronaldo. I think his finishing has actually regressed because he insists on being play maker and dropping so deep.

Easier said than done. Ronaldo's style of play was always gonna be more long lasting. He should just retire. Players tend to do that at 35. But he's too much in it for money at this point to retire while he can be paid the big bucks.

malvolio

His game was always going down the playmaker route. Been discusses many times. He was never a poacher and would be terrible at that, mainly because he hasn't got the body.

Barcilliant

The train has left the station. Messi hasn't done himself any favours either. He is very beta in adversity and for some reason doesn't seem to want to change. He clearly has an entourage of ass lickers like Neymar.
Don't want him at any cost. We have to move on.

malvolio

PSG have way too much pride to let him go after 1 season anyway. He'll be there next season at least. That optional 3rd year isn't looking too likely though.

PSG got it wrong in having two very similar players in the starting 11. Neymar and Messi are no longer compatible, because Neymar became more like Messi in wanting to be the main creator and player that starts attacks. He changed from being a winger at Barca into some type of No 10 at PSG.

They would have done better with another pure speedy winger instead of Neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans