Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxx

Typical PSG scummy fake fans. PSG lost because of Donnarumma and Marquinhos' mistakes.

Yeah, Messi could be doing better, but he isn't to blame for those 2 making big mistakes. Messi should have gone to City under Pep. I bet he'd far happier.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I agree we shouldn't bring him back as a player... We didn't start this journey through the dessert just to go back to the old ways...

The club is moving forward and should look for a sustainable future, I much rather have the young core playing great football in a few years than having ageing Messi right now...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
PSG fans booing him might ironically work in his favor as he was beyond pissed when booed a bit at Barca in 2014.

Won't turn back into prime Messi levels, but might see him more determined and work harder off the ball. Now whether it's Argentina or PSG who reap the rewards no one knows.

Birdy

PSG fans booing him might ironically work in his favor as he was beyond pissed when booed a bit at Barca in 2014.

Won't turn back into prime Messi levels, but might see him more determined and work harder off the ball. Now whether it's Argentina or PSG who reap the rewards no one knows.

Delusion is never-ending in this forum...

Yes, mate he is gonna work off the ball now suddenly, something that he hasn't done since Pep left Barca.
I have news for you: no, he is still gonna jog provokingly off the ball and not gonna give a fuck.
It's good for him of course to see how the world is, away from his privileged and entitled position at Barca, but that's not gonna change is egoistic and lazy nature

DonAK

Delusion is never-ending in this forum...

Yes, mate he is gonna work off the ball now suddenly, something that he hasn't done since Pep left Barca.
I have news for you: no, he is still gonna jog provokingly off the ball and not gonna give a fuck.
It's good for him of course to see how the world is, away from his privileged and entitled position at Barca, but that's not gonna change is egoistic and lazy nature

If you want delusion take a look at your comments in the Dembele thread.

Maybe we're both delusional though. I think there's a chance, not a big one but nonetheless a chance this motivates Messi to work a bit harder while you think Dembele is a world class player.

KingLeo10

He worked as hard, if not harder during the 14-15 and 18-19 CL seasons than half the time under Pep. Distance covered, dribbles/take ons etc.

So, that claim is factually incorrect.

DonAK

He worked as hard, if not harder during the 14-15 and 18-19 CL seasons than half the time under Pep. Distance covered, dribbles/take ons etc.

@Birdy has a syndrome where he thinks he's the smartest man in the room even if it's in a dark room with himself and a mirror.

Btw for someone who acts like he knows football the best in this forum he sure as hell has issues differentiating between thinking something that may happen and a statement where you state something will happen.

Last edited:

Birdy

The argument is about work 'off the ball'.

Yes [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] I agree if he feels motivated he might be more decent on the ball, with some dribbles or not losing possession.
Off the ball? NEVER

KingLeo10

The argument is about work 'off the ball'.

Yes [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] I agree if he feels motivated he might be more decent on the ball, with some dribbles or not losing possession.
Off the ball? NEVER

What constitutes off the ball? Isn't distance covered much more off the ball than on the ball?

As ball dominant as players like Messi and Neymar are, they probably spend 10% of their distance covered on the ball.

So, that discredits your claim, no?

Birdy

What constitutes off the ball? Isn't distance covered much more off the ball than on the ball?

As ball dominant as players like Messi and Neymar are, they probably spend 10% of their distance covered on the ball.

So, that discredits your claim, no?

No.
Especially when Messi sees the ball substantially more than any other Barca player, and plays in a team that sees the ball most of the time.

Show us the stats first, or else you have no argument

Porque

The question is how would PSG setup next season without Mbappe. If they setup around Messi with a manager like Valverde (shudder) then they can get the best out of Messi for a season - ... perhaps.

Raketa10

People who want him back in his current state haven't learned anything about the way Barca should play.

You are right but he would for sure play better than he is doing right now with PSG. He should however need to accept the fact that he can't be the main player anymore. As things stand right now we won't get Haaland and this team will still be too young to challenge CL. In the end this team with or without Messi's return probably still won't be good enough to challenge big teams next season.

However, if we fail to renew Araujo and Gavi we might lose some seriously talented young players so Messi's potential return could be unimportant as it gets. This could just be an attempt to earn some money on shirt sales during his farewell season.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

The question is how would PSG setup next season without Mbappe. If they setup around Messi with a manager like Valverde (shudder) then they can get the best out of Messi for a season - ... perhaps.

What PSG will do instead is bring in Suarez and try to get MSN autopilot running :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans