Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Giving it 24 hours at this rate that OG gets himself banned for insulting. He's already devolved to full on multiple shitposting and denigrating Messi fans :lol:

And then the lad will complain on the Bannings thread how others don't follow forum rules and how he's being victimized selectively :lol:

No need to ban guys here, we're an open forum :pique:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi is in the same boat as Busi now except maybe he is captaining the ship. Both can still be good for Barcelona in La Liga and perhaps international football where the pace is slower but are finished when it comes to playing Champions League or in a more physical league with a different style of play.

That's same what happen also with Serie A teams

Messi is the only one to blame for w.e situation hes in
He just wasnt hungry enough
You all think Laporta would have let him go if he was the best in the world?
He saw what many of us saw for years: a player who came fat after vacation and was allowed to semi train cause " he the best"

Rassvet

[MENTION=29961]OGbarca[/MENTION] add the same profile pic as the original account. Feels weird seeing your posts with an empty image on the left.

tbh u gotta love PSG fans booing messi, letting him know hes complete trash

Messi could have literally played for free, he would have made enough from marketing. Nany refused to see that If barca waant willibg to give him millions, even though he had won nothing of importance, he would have left rifht away. I doubted his contribution for years but the moment he chose mobey and winning champions league over his supposed love for the club, thats when I was done with him. He proved my intuitions true

OGbarca

Banned
clearly the church of messi is trying as hard as possible to get me banned

this is the messi thread. pointing out how much of a failure he is is perfectly on topic.

as long as i dont insult anyone i am in breach of no rules

cope fellas

OGbarca

Banned
Messi could have literally played for free, he would have made enough from marketing. Nany refused to see that If barca waant willibg to give him millions, even though he had won nothing of importance, he would have left rifht away. I doubted his contribution for years but the moment he chose mobey and winning champions league over his supposed love for the club, thats when I was done with him. He proved my intuitions true

exactly mate messi is a shameless greedy money grabber and a failed athlete as well

Rassvet

Anyway, I think the best thing Messi could do for the rest of his career is adapt his game to being an impact sub. His workrate and movement off the ball is already very poor and won't improve as he gets older which makes him a bit of a liability.

He doesn't have the stamina to play with intensity for 90 minutes but maybe he could adapt his training to a point where he can play 30-45 minutes at a time with a reasonable workrate. He wasn't sub too often at Barca but he seemed great at coming on and changing the game on the few occasions it happened.

OGbarca

Banned
Anyway, I think the best thing Messi could do for the rest of his career is adapt his game to being an impact sub. His workrate and movement off the ball is already very poor and won't improve as he gets older which makes him a bit of a liability.

He doesn't have the stamina to play with intensity for 90 minutes but maybe he could adapt his training to a point where he can play 30-45 minutes at a time with a reasonable workrate. He wasn't sub too often at Barca but he seemed great at coming on and changing the game on the few occasions it happened.

i think he's declined so much he would hardly make an impact in the MLS--and that's saying something lol. if i were him id think about retirement

Rassvet

Some examples:

1. Sevilla away march 2018
2. Bilbao home septemper 2018
3, Leganes home january 2019
4. Levante home april 2019
5. Betis home november 2020
6. Betis away february 2021

All from the past few years where the team was drawing or losing and he came on to change the match. Obviously he is declining so I don't expect him to still be as good at doing this anymore but still think there is portential for him in this role even as he gets older.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

That was in team that was built for Messi, slowed down for Messi, covered for Messi and passed to him the first time he appeared looking for ball.

That is what Barca have got away from and dont need to go back to it and if not playing for Messi he isnt same player as showing at PSG.

Morten

Some examples:

1. Sevilla away march 2018
2. Bilbao home septemper 2018
3, Leganes home january 2019
4. Levante home april 2019
5. Betis home november 2020
6. Betis away february 2021

All from the past few years where the team was drawing or losing and he came on to change the match. Obviously he is declining so I don't expect him to still be as good at doing this anymore but still think there is portential for him in this role even as he gets older.

4 out of those 6 games happened under Valverde though, Messi hasn't had a manager of the same quality since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans