Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

weak bait

Ernie pandered to the aging core and prioritized short term results (only in league) over long term health of club. He was average to above average in tactics. Far better than Koeman and Setien.

Xavi, though, is modernizing Barca football little by little.

That alone makes the latter the better manager for a team with European pedigree/ambitions.

JamDav1982

Valverde had no option but to manage team like that and Xavi would not have been able to change things back then either.

Was that or not have the job and he was not going to chose that option.

The amigos ran the dressing room and board were shit scared of them.

Iniesta Ultra

Messi could have literally played for free, he would have made enough from marketing. Nany refused to see that If barca waant willibg to give him millions, even though he had won nothing of importance, he would have left rifht away. I doubted his contribution for years but the moment he chose mobey and winning champions league over his supposed love for the club, thats when I was done with him. He proved my intuitions true

He had no way of knowing how long Koeman would stay or who would replace him. If Xavi was there last season, he might've played for free.

Andresito

Staff member
He might play for very cheap now though. We don't really need him and not many CL clubs would take him. So if he desperately wants to return it'll be on our terms.

soul24rage

Not really...

Did you notice the intensity with which Inter faced Liverpool in the two-leg tie?
The only league that suits current Messi is MLS

I would argue that the 352 formation that Inter employs suits Messi a lot better as he would only have to focus primarily on one player (the left CB)

You already know this, but I base this on how Messi did in Koeman's 352 when focusing on the LCB

Barcilliant

For some reason Messi still hasn't cottoned onto the fact that he doesn't work hard enough. He just hasn't be able to adapt to the aging process. Ronaldo has adapted his game. Messi needs to improve his fitness and attitude and just be willing to sit on the bench. It would be really interesting to see someone like Zidane as manager. His overall status as player AND Manager gives him an edge over both Messi and Neymar. He wouldn't take their shit and it would be interesting to see how these two would deal with someone like Zidane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans