Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGbarca

Banned
I was talking about the situation in the summer. A return for him after the PSG stint, on low salary? Yeah, could be possible. He wouldn't be able to ask much anyway. But would he want to ride the bench for us for a season? Doubt it. And tbf discussion is pointless, as all the so called rumors of his impeding return are. Never going to happen with Laporta in charge. Bridges were burned.

The beacon of humanity, Cristiano Ronaldo, did. Went to Man Utd and asked for the biggest contract in the league, at 36 years of age. For one last hurrah and to help the club, of course. :lol:

difference being CR is still contributing to the team, lol, while messi doesnt add anything

JerseyAddict

I was talking about the situation in the summer. A return for him after the PSG stint, on low salary? Yeah, could be possible. He wouldn't be able to ask much anyway. But would he want to ride the bench for us for a season? Doubt it. And tbf discussion is pointless, as all the so called rumors of his impeding return are. Never going to happen with Laporta in charge. Bridges were burned.

The beacon of humanity, Cristiano Ronaldo, did. Went to Man Utd and asked for the biggest contract in the league, at 36 years of age. For one last hurrah and to help the club, of course. :lol:

I agree he won't return. It would be odd. He would be a "bench warmer" and the Totti situation would emerge. But the farewell game iswhat he deserves. It isasad thing he didn't get it.

About CR7 ... That guy I rate exactly as CR0. I don't even read about him...

soul24rage

I agree he won't return. It would be odd. He would be a "bench warmer" and the Totti situation would emerge. But the farewell game iswhat he deserves. It isasad thing he didn't get it.

About CR7 ... That guy I rate exactly as CR0. I don't even read about him...

He mentioned for his farewell match, he would like to play in a Barca jersey and an Argenitian jersey 45 min. each.

Hope this happens in the Camp Nou for the fans to give him a proper farewell

KingLeo10

Honestly, he deserves it. He needs to do a lot more as his season is really bad for his standards.

He approached the season too casually. Didn't find his form before the CL KO began, and by then it was too late. Also overestimated the strength of PSG, probably thinking they could coast through until they met the likes of Bayern, City, or Pool.

He doesn't owe Barcelona anything (~ 1000 G + A), but he hasn't done anything for PSG by comparison. The boos will hopefully motivate him to deliver a better season next season (he ain't going to turn into prime Messi obviously but something closer to 20/21 Messi I expect).

Also needs to sort out his tactics and stop trying to be this deep playmaker. I don't expect him to be a poacher but he should play much closer to the goal than he does now. He's making it too hard on himself to score, especially given his age and declined acceleration/dribbling ability.

Last edited:

soul24rage

He approached the season too casually. Didn't find his form before the CL KO began, and by then it was too late. Also overestimated the strength of PSG, probably thinking they could coast through until they met the likes of Bayern, City, or Pool.

He doesn't owe Barcelona anything (~ 1000 G + A), but he hasn't done anything for PSG by comparison. The boos will hopefully motivate him to deliver a better season next season (he ain't going to turn into prime Messi obviously but something closer to 20/21 Messi I expect).

Totally agree and I sincerely hope that this will spur him on next season.

malvolio

Honestly, he deserves it. He needs to do a lot more as his season is really bad for his standards.

I don't think so. He is second best performer in the team, after Mbappe.

Not his usual standard(no player was until recently)? Yes

Performances so bad that they have to boo him for an entire home game? Surely not. PSG fans are idiots.

I believe that the hype built around his signing generated these reactions. Fans wanted instant return and it never came.

JamDav1982

Ronaldo is on big money and highest paid player in the league awash with more money than any other..

Folk are in cloud cuckoo land thinking Messi should give up big money to arrive back at Barca.

Messigician

I don't think so. He is second best performer in the team, after Mbappe.

Not his usual standard(no player was until recently)? Yes

Performances so bad that they have to boo him for an entire home game? Surely not. PSG fans are idiots.

I believe that the hype built around his signing generated these reactions. Fans wanted instant return and it never came.

Ok Messi simp

Messigician

No one is s asying Messi should pay for free

But after that 555m contract over 4 years

Fk me

Could at least not to try to leave on a free

Messigician

Messi boys forgetting if he renewed under Bartomeu like was offered we wouldn't be in this mess

But MUH PROJECT N SHIT

Now Barca have an actual project while he's stuck with a washed up Ramos and Neymar

Comedy gold

Rassvet

Relationship might be broken now but Laporta might be willing to forgive them if Messi and his dad apologize and are contrite enough.

OGbarca

Banned
'he approached the season too casually'
'didnt find his form'

notice here the utter and complete unwillingness to admit or even consider the fact that maybe messi just doesnt have it anymore. this is literally another version of the 'he doesnt care argument' which is absurd on its face.

its a coping mechanism so that the messibois can say AHA! hes still top! only he chose not to be!

:facepalm:

messi has never had a strong mentality (loser type) and now that his athleticism, finishing, overall fitness is gone due to age, all that remains is 10km/hour speeds and a head slumped to the floor

:lol:

(not to worry tho hes saving himself for qatar because it makes a lot of sense that messi would 'choose' to perform in 2022 WC at 35 y.o but not in 2010, 2014 (final), 2018 and the like 8 copa americas he's played in :lol:)

delusion level: 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans