Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

The 'other leagues' argument is a terrible one.

Some United and Real fans come out with that one but would never agree that it applies to likes of Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Ramos etc.

Temptation

The 'other leagues' argument is a terrible one.

Some United and Real fans come out with that one but would never agree that it applies to likes of Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Ramos etc.

United fans are very uncultured about European Football due to their lack of success in the big stage.

They genuinely think PL is a bigger trophy than CL.

They massively overrate their legends especially Scholes and Giggs.

Weirdly, Beckham is underrated af by the fanbase due to the boot incident.

Keane is correctly rated alongside Viera as a bonafide enforcer and leader with winning mentality. Even rival PL fans agree with that.

Catta

I believe that Messi influenced Ronaldo more than the other way around. Without Ronaldo, Messi would still become the same player he was under Pep. Maybe he would have not had the 91 goal year, that one was mostly produced because of his scoring rivalry with Ronaldo.

Regarding Ronaldo, without Messi, he wouldn't have become the goalscorer he is now known for. He would still score a lot of goals, but his hunger for goals would have been less, when there is no one to challenge him.

JamDav1982

Dont agree with that.

The numbers Ronaldo put up to become best player in world in 2008 would definitely something Messi was well aware of and would be compared.

Messi is just as competitive on that front as Ronaldo just less vocal with it.

Morten

Anyone else find it odd that Messi and Ronaldo have never even taken a slight dig towards one another.

Here you have Benzema's ego getting hurt by Giroud in 1 week and calling him a Go Kart and shit out of bitterness.

There seems to be a lot of mutual respect between Messi and Ronaldo. Definition of healthy competition. Never seen any animosity there.

It's always funny to me because their fanboys are always spewing vitriol on each other.

What? I don't know about Messi(could be as obsessed but doesn't say it), but Ronaldo and healthy competition isn't a thing, he doesn't know what that is.

KingLeo10

Ironically, had Messi been a little more maniacal about this rivalry (like CR7 is about Messi), he would have capitalized more on MSN (Neymar was also a major culprit for 15/16 but Messi let his foot off the gas too big time). We win another CL in 15/16...RM CL era most likely never happens. Messi - CR7 isn't a rivalry (CR7's main counter claim to Messi is CL success. Messi has him beat everywhere else. League, overall goalscoring, overall assists, golden boots, Ballons etc.)

Barca's history would also change if we won a CL in 15/16. For me, the most consquential CL in recent times...18/19 being second closest

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ronaldo don't need to take digs himself tbh. He has both of his sisters doing the job for him :lol:

Only thing he does is like their posts.

malvolio

Nah that Italy comment wasn't a dig at all. It was very friendly.

“Messi? Maybe it’s him who misses me.

“I’ve played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal and for my national team, while he’s still in Spain.

“Maybe he needs me more? For me, life is a challenge, I like it and I like to make people happy.

KingLeo10

?Messi? Maybe it?s him who misses me.

?I?ve played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal and for my national team, while he?s still in Spain.

?Maybe he needs me more? For me, life is a challenge, I like it and I like to make people happy.

:lol: Did he expect Messi to switch passports mid career and play for Spain?

Actually, had Messi played for Spain, this GOAT shit would have been done and dusted in 2011 for basically any football fan in the world.

JamDav1982

I like those quotes from Ronaldo.

Doesnt hide who he is or a bit of shit talk.

Fake humbleness is worse. Not that it is what Messi does but verged on it at times as he was much more guarded about how he felt the rivalry with Ronaldo.

I like cunty Messi on the pitch.

DonAK

Don't think Messi is fake humble. He just doesn't talk much to the media or gloat much off the pitch. Lives his life with his family like a normal dude which most footballers do anyway.

He gets pissed off and yells at team mates on the pitch though although toned down on that a lot the last years too. Need that fire back even if his legs are gone.

JamDav1982

Don't think Messi is fake humble. He just doesn't talk much to the media or gloat much off the pitch. Lives his life with his family.

He gets pissed off and yells at team mates on the pitch though although toned down on that a lot the last years too. Need that fire back even if his legs are gone.

I think he is at times and he is as much into the rivalry with Ronaldo as Ronnie is just less vocal in admitting it.

There are plenty of examples of Messi being emotional and outspoken on different aspects of his career in way he would never do in public.

To think he doesn act in same way about his Ronaldo rivalry when he is by all accounts insanely competitive doesnt add up.

malvolio

:lol: Did he expect Messi to switch passports mid career and play for Spain?

Actually, had Messi played for Spain, this GOAT shit would have been done and dusted in 2011 for basically any football fan in the world.

I don't get this whole debate. Feels to me that Messi haters/CR worshipers just want to make CR not look like this ego maniac who chased Messi his whole career.

Tbf it did a lot of good to Ronaldo.

DonAK

I think he is at times and he is as much into the rivalry with Ronaldo as Ronnie is just less vocal in admitting it.

I think he definitely is.

Especially during those early to mid 2010s when both were scoring 50 and 48 goals in La Liga.

Ronaldo does come across as a bit insecure at times with his need to constantly remind people that he is "The GOAT" unlike Messi but that's just what he is I guess and fires him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans