Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

Two companies want Maradona's heart to be carried by Leo Messi and Argentina's national team to this year's World Cup.

? @ESPNFC

Argentinean freaks back at it

malvolio

I don't want to rain on your parade, but it is Venezuela. Their first national sport is baseball for christ's sake.

Did I open the champagne or something? Just said he had a good game, more of a warm-up since he missed the Monaco game.

Usual trolls at it again, like people in here were in awe of Messi beating Venezuela. Stick to your bum who can't convert tap-ins against Turkey lads.

Rassvet

We’ll see what team Italy puts out in that match. Especially with Chiesa and probably Spinazzola out, they might not be an elite team. However, they still have a quality midfield and would test how Argentina copes against better teams who can outpossess them and force them to play on the counter more which I don’t think is their strength.

OGbarca

Banned
italy isnt the first nor is it the last team to lose in an embarassing and indefensible way to a smaller team

ie germany vs south korea 2018

this doesnt immediately and forever make those bigger teams jokes

it might well be that the italians approached macedonia too casually precisely because they underestimated them

they wont be as careless against a team like argentina

i wouldnt discount them so cavalierly

KingLeo10

Not qualifying for the WC 2 times in the last 4 years is a massive failure for a nation like Italy. They have 2 huge disappointments compared to 1 great success.

No one is writing them off as bums. Just saying you can't expect consistent greatness from them like the Spain of late 00s/early 10s or Germany early 2010s.

Which by extension means they are beatable on a given day by another good but not great team in Argentina. That's all.

malvolio

Italy is shit, compared to what players they had in the past. Aside from Chiesa's rise to fame, they got Donnaruma and Veratti. The rest are mediocre and don't play for elite clubs.

They can still grind out results through determination, but overall quality is lacking.

malvolio

You said they are shit while you have hyped Argentina as being one of the top few teams around.

Argentina are also poorer on an individual level, when compared to the squad that reached the final in Brazil for example.

They are not outstanding by any means. What makes them good right now is the cohesion and chemistry in the squad. They seem to grind out results and are in-form for quite some time.

I don't see them beating the big teams decisively, probably 1-2 goals difference at most or on penalties.

OGbarca

Banned
if you think venezuela is comparable to italy insofar as you are suggesting arg's 3-0 and italy's 0-1 is indicative of their upcoming match

idk what to tell u lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans