Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

Pretty sure Messi would've provided more g/a than Dembele playing same position this season with the same minutes.

Interesting Juls mentioned on espn that Laporta didn't ask him to play for free at the time, that maybe he would've if asked.

He's obviously not coming back next season unless he wants to pay PSG off but hypothetically he'd still offer a lot here playing part time like Alves.

Dude he left for money

If Messi didn't care about that he would have just taken a 50% flat reduction and signed a 2 year contract.

Rather it was 5 year contract with 2 years at the club and 3 paid as an ambassador and some nonsense like that

Messigician

CR7's 5 Ucl:
2008:Thank you Terry for missing the penalty
2014:Thank you Ramos and the referee
2016:Thank you Griezmann's missed penalty
2017:Thank you bayern for giving me offside goals
2018:Thank you karius for screwing up
Penaldo has objectively and logically 0 UCL 🤣🤣

Carried by Bale

FinBarcelonafan

Premier league legend Di Canio weighs in on the controversy And destroys Messi and Neymar mentality

Di Canio said: "Messi goes out, touches his hair and has no emotions. We talk about Cristiano Ronaldo... 'Do you want me to be on the bench against Manchester City? I'm not coming, I go to Portugal, I come back and score hat-trick.'

"Between the two, not based on talent, I prefer the human who made himself and has a soul and a heart."

Ronaldo scored more league goals in one game on Saturday than Messi has produced all season in France.

Di Canio added: "His lack of character has come out. And you say: 'Can such a talent be so weak temperamentally?' And then one wonders if he can be booed. Of course he can be booed.

"Thousands arrive waiting for you, the dream, the wonder. You will make us dream but the attitude [from Messi] is not that."

Neymar recently said on the Fenomenos podcast that he would like to play in America's Major League Soccer in the future.

When asked why, Neymar joked: "First of all, their season is shorter, so I'd get three months' vacation."

Di Canio obviously did not see the funny side. His rant continued: "Neymar is even worse.

"For his talent he is not doing great and then he does an interview a month ago and says: 'I can't wait to go play in MLS because I will have at least three months of vacation a year.'

"You must have some problems."

What did Ronaldo do vs Atletico because I forgot..

Rassvet

Pretty sure Messi would've provided more g/a than Dembele playing same position this season with the same minutes.

Interesting Juls mentioned on espn that Laporta didn't ask him to play for free at the time, that maybe he would've if asked.

He's obviously not coming back next season unless he wants to pay PSG off but hypothetically he'd still offer a lot here playing part time like Alves.

Messi can’t/won’t play the same position that Dembele plays. Even if he could get more g/a while drifting around in a free role with no defensive duties, the team would still be stronger with Dembele in it rather than him.

feggydinho

Stunning. Even pro Messi espnfc is ready to have this conversation.

23400-F7-A-D117-4200-A646-41-C51725-CCD5.jpg

I watched this and they were actually spot on with factual examples, taking current Messi back would result in Barca trying to build themselves around old Messi which would have its merits and demerits but the demerits now would overcome the merits cause we'll be more predictable as more plays would then to go through him, would've been a different story for Young Messi, same goes for Cr7. Teams like Chelsea winning CL last season also showed that you don't need a superstar to win and that focusing on the team more would be better in the long run. Xavi and any Barca player right now would always tell the media that Messi is always welcome back, cause he's their guy and you always say something good about your guy in the media, but bringing him back would disrupt what we're cooking plus I'm not sure he'll be open to being subbed out anytime the way Busquets and other veterans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans