Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temptation

A nobody on a football forum whose notion of alpha mentality stems from some weightlifting forums is going to tell me that...

a man who reached the absolute apex of the most widely played sport in the world doesn't have a killer/alpha mentality. Leadership is different to alpha mentality, by the way. They often overlap, but not completely. Messi's a bad leader of men, but he has 1000% confidence in himself (way more than he lets on in interviews).

The lack of self awareness... No, a forum member who doesn't even have his own thoughts or ideas but lives off members he claims to dislike will teach us what alpha mentality is. :lol:

And when your team is being humiliated in the CL every year, an alpha superstar sportsperson would indeed be a leader and set high standards and not let people around him lose focus. Crying or rubbing your forehead in adversity isn't alpha in any dictionary. It's just Messi dawg..:messi:

Messigician

As the biggest sporting executives in the world said

"The Bombshell contract that ruined Barcelona"

There's no other way to put it

JamDav1982

Exactly.

If Barto were the president in summer 2021, I would believe that he would have signed that CVC deal.

Possibly. Who knows.

And if Laporta was president in 2018 Messi would be on simialr huge contract.

Power was with Messi and no president letting him go then.

KingLeo10

The lack of self awareness... No, a forum member who doesn't even have his own thoughts or ideas but lives off members he claims to dislike will teach us what alpha mentality is. :lol:

And when you're team is being humiliated in the CL every year, an alpha superstar sportsperson woulf indeed be a leader and set high standards and not let people around him lose focus. Crying or rubbing your forehead in adversity isn't alpha in any dictionary. It's just Messi dawg..:messi:

injusticia-cristiano-ronaldo.gif

Yes, alpha mentality is putting yourself as the 5th penalty taker for your country in a KO game only to scream "Injustice" like a manchild when you get embarrassed.

Alpha mentality is also getting humiliated by the likes of:

Lyon x 2
Ajax
Porto
AM

while your fans twerk for you as Mr. CL. Sure he is Mr. CL, but if he is, why is he getting humiliated by second rate teams year after year :lol:

Every great player has bad losses. The frothing troll that you, like to point out Messi's but ignore others'.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Yes, alpha mentality is putting yourself as the 5th penalty taker for your country in a KO game only to scream "Injustice" like a manchild when you get embarrassed.

Lyon x 2
Ajax
Porto
Villareal

while your fans twerk for you as Mr. CL. Sure he is Mr. CL, but if he is, why is he getting humiliated by second rate teams year after year :lol:

Every great player has bad losses. The frothing troll that you, like to point out Messi's but ignore others'.

Brutal.

JamDav1982

Barto literally did an interview saying the CVC deal looks great and he would have signed it without even reading it

He has to claim would sign CVC really when trying to score points over Messi leaving.

Him saying that is not some positive either as was correct to let Messi go rather than yet another huge contract at 34.

Messigician

He has to claim would sign CVC really when trying to score points over Messi leaving.

Him saying that is not some positive either as was correct to let Messi go rather than yet another huge contract at 34.

Not wrong tbh

He's never going to say he would have let Messi leave

But his actions when driving to cave in and let Messi leave for free show it's likely he is telling the truth

Temptation

Lyon x 2
Ajax
Porto
Villareal

The person talking about Ronaldo here is you. Didn't see anyone bringing up Messi in the Ronaldo thread. Lives rent free in your head.

We'll talk when Messi has half the productivity Ronaldo had between 34 and 37. And yeah, he was alpha enough to go to the toughest league itw at 37 instead of.... Didn't simmer down like a pussy in a pub league. :lol:

Last edited:

soul24rage

Possibly. Who knows.

And if Laporta was president in 2018 Messi would be on simialr huge contract.

Power was with Messi and no president letting him go then.

I agree that I don't think Laporta would have let Messi go in 2018, but I think he would have put more of a fight to lower that wages than what Barto did.

In the end, this topic is more on the conjecture side so really hard to know what would have happened if we had a different president back then.

JamDav1982

Got to love the way some Barca fans twist it.

For Ronaldo being eliminated after scoring home and away to likes of Ajax is him allowing Juve to eliminated.

When Messi goes out to likes of Roma and does nothing it is all someones elses fault.

KingLeo10

The person talking about Ronaldo here is you. Didn't see anyone bringing up Messi in the Ronaldo thread. Lives rent free in your head.

We'll talk when Messi has half the productivity Ronaldo had between 34 and 37. And yeah, he was alpha enough to go to the toughest league itw at 37 instead of....

Let me know when CR7 matches Messi's productivity between 18 and 34.

Since, we are choosing arbitrary ages and the 34-37 as the defining period of greatness.

:lol:

JamDav1982

I agree that I don't think Laporta would have let Messi go in 2018, but I think he would have put more of a fight to lower that wages than what Barto did.

In the end, this topic is more on the conjecture side so really hard to know what would have happened if we had a different president back then.

The power lay with Messi.

He would be on huge salary with Laporta. Look at what they wanted to offer him at 34.

Folk think it is as easy as just playing hard ball and refusing requests. Most likely did from much higher amount was asked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans