Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

Messi said his camp fielded several calls after Barca's announcement, and another source confirmed that*Atletico Madrid, after signing Suarez last year, had sounded out a potential deal. They thought it was possible at €20m gross for the first year, which was what he would have earned at Barcelona next season

B-b-but top managers don't want Messi because he doesn't run/press enough

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The only athlete I've ever seen leave money on the table is Tom Brady and his wife's net worth is almost twice his.

You pay transcendental players whatever you want and can to keep them. The rest you keep in line.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

And last I checked CR7 isn't even near what Messi got.

Had to hear for the last year how much Messi brought in revenue so people could people justify that moronic contract he got. Then it was "Messi is taking a paycut why are you complaining" , while his moronic wages just got deferred. The last one is Messi couldn't take a further "paycut" because of some magical Spanish law.

And people are telling me Messi hasn't a propaganda behind him.

Barto had to give him the money otherwise he would have probably left much earlier.

malvolio

That is my main complaint about Messi and his clan. Lad wants to be a billionaire just from salary alone (if he isn't already).

Should complain about every football player then. More than half our squad is overpayed.

Huge contract was part Barto being Barto, part Neymar leaving for PSG and big part Messi being top dog and bringing in huge money.

But hey, let's cry about Messi getting what other clubs would have payed him anyway

Sailor Mars

Barto was just a bad negotiator. That story about Barto and how negotiated with Dortmund for Dembele is enough to prove that.

Messi probably would have wanted to be the highest paid footballer in the world, but Barto for sure overpaid. I'd love to play him in Poker, he'd fold so early.

malvolio

Anyway, stop dreaming about Messi's return after 2 years as it won't happen while the current board is here. So chances are high that we won't see him in a Barca kit ever again.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Anyway, stop dreaming about Messi's return after 2 years as it won't happen while the current board is here. So chances are high that we won't see him in a Barca kit ever again.

He is done playing for the club, I don’t think he will ever be back as a player anyways, even if he left on good terms or with a different president in office.

Just wanted to get him a proper send-off and we move forward.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Wouldn't rule it out for him to return after 2 years once emotions have cooled down as I don't see him moving his family to the US. Even though it seems unlikely at the moment. A lot can happen until then, good or bad. I think his future also depends a lot on how Argentina will fare in the WC and how at home he will feel in Paris.

KingLeo10

The only athlete I've ever seen leave money on the table is Tom Brady and his wife's net worth is almost twice his.

You pay transcendental players whatever you want and can to keep them. The rest you keep in line.

It's partly his wife being insanely rich and it's partly him being psychotic about winning. Messi loves winning as much as anybody but Brady/Jordan are pathological about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans