Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilS

Barca had been preparing for Messi's departure for quite a while. They have gotten rid of no forwards, plus signed Depay and Aguero. I think they gave up on Messi for past the 2020-21 season when Messi tried to leave at the end of 2019-2020.

Givenchy

Don't know when it will happen, or when it can happen, but he deserves a proper goodbye in front of a packed Camp Nou. Even if it is playing for another team. Just something, even if it's not much.

Worst thing about all this was the way it ended. Shameful.

After years of culers trashing Real Madrid for the way Casillas left the club and how people were trashing Real Madrid for how Sergio Ramos left the club, only for Barca to do the same here.

I think he'll be back in 2 years. Probably on a 1 year deal on lower wages as a goodbye season.

malvolio

So, a friendly with Real Madrid?

also want a quick rundown, my english level isnt good enough to understand everything from it.

1. Messi and father supported Laporta in his presidential candidacy
2.Laporta wins elections and has dinner with Messi telling him he will renew him
3. Laporta finds out or already knew the state of our finances but goes ahead with signing 4 players and offloading none of the high earners
4. Laporta and Messi reach formal agreement on 5 year contract, with payments being structured as to leave the biggest part of the amount at the end of the contract
5. Laporta lies to public and Messi family about everything going according to plan
6. Laporta refuses CVC deal
7. Messi comes to Barcelona on Wednesday ready to sign contract
8. Club tells him they can't offer anything
9. Club hastily announces Messi's departure on website and twitter
10. Both parties hold separate press conferences in which they tell the same story on what happened but Messi hints the club hasn't done everything
11. Messi only shares a cold handshake with Laporta on Sunday and doesn't want to pose with him near the trophies
12. Meanwhile elite clubs scramble for a deal as they were surprised by the news
13. City decide to not pursue, Atletico made a similar offer to what Barca proposed, PSG come in guns blazing
14. Messi decides on PSG, his father hints again that Barca board are liars
15. Laporta goes to a concert, meets Florentino for dinner and spends the week in Ibiza

Don't know if I missed something

suckabov

Lemon curry?
also want a quick rundown, my english level isnt good enough to understand everything from it.

Can we get a Quick Rundown? I have ADHD and can't focus on a +500 words text.

Describes how there are doubts whether Laporta didn't know weeks in advance that resigning Messi would be impossible, alleges that he gave up on him when being talked into rejecting the CVC deal (although being initially positive towards it) and describes there are allegations he strung Messi along and kept him in the dark. Describes Messi's disappointment in the club not having done more and his feeling of betrayal, and that in turn he didn't even want to have photographs with Laporta. Describes how shocked everyone - first team players as well as European clubs - were because it came as such a surprise. Repeats the sentiments of bewilderment inside the club about Laporta dining with Flo, going on concerts and travelling to Ibiza while everybody is crying. Then describes how PSG were surprised as well, but had had some preparation from designing a contract offer last year. Says that PSG were sure he'd sign on Saturday and announced it as such to their players (Neymar even beforehand).

Honestly hard to summarise and worth a read.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

1. Messi and father supported Laporta in his presidential candidacy
2.Laporta wins elections and has dinner with Messi telling him he will renew him
3. Laporta finds out or already knew the state of our finances but goes ahead with signing 4 players and offloading none of the high earners
4. Laporta and Messi reach formal agreement on 5 year contract, with payments being structured as to leave the biggest part of the amount at the end of the contract
5. Laporta lies to public and Messi family about everything going according to plan
6. Laporta refuses CVC deal
7. Messi comes to Barcelona on Wednesday ready to sign contract
8. Club tells him they can't offer anything
9. Club hastily announces Messi's departure on website and twitter
10. Both parties hold separate press conferences in which they tell the same story on what happened but Messi hints the club hasn't done everything
11. Messi only shares a cold handshake with Laporta on Sunday and doesn't want to pose with him near the trophies
12. Meanwhile elite clubs scramble for a deal as they were surprised by the news
13. City decide to not pursue, Atletico made a similar offer to what Barca proposed, PSG come in guns blazing
14. Messi decides on PSG, his father hints again that Barca board are liars
15. Laporta goes to a concert, meets Florentino for dinner and spends the week in Ibiza

Don't know if I missed something

Describes how there are doubts whether Laporta didn't know weeks in advance that resigning Messi would be impossible, alleges that he gave up on him when being talked into rejecting the CVC deal (although being initially positive towards it) and describes there are allegations he strung Messi along and kept him in the dark. Describes Messi's disappointment in the club not having done more and his feeling of betrayal, and that in turn he didn't even want to have photographs with Laporta. Describes how shocked everyone - first team players as well as European clubs - were because it came as such a surprise. Repeats the sentiments of bewilderment inside the club about Laporta dining with Flo, going on concerts and travelling to Ibiza while everybody is crying. Then describes how PSG were surprised as well, but had had some preparation from designing a contract offer last year. Says that PSG were sure he'd sign on Saturday and announced it as such to their players (Neymar even beforehand).

Honestly hard to summarise and worth a read.

Big thanks to both of you !

KingLeo10

How generous from him and his greedy father. 4 years of fleecing the club wasn't enough , another 4 or 5 years were needed.

That is my main complaint about Messi and his clan. Lad wants to be a billionaire just from salary alone (if he isn't already).

Fati_Future_BallonDor

That is my main complaint about Messi and his clan. Lad wants to be a billionaire just from salary alone (if he isn't already).

Messi and his father have become greedy. Where are the football players who played for fun and for the club? These days money dominates the football world and as long as clubs as €ity or P$G dont stop with their money madness it wont stop.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You guys are going to be shocked when you realize how much Ansu and Mendes are going to ask for if Ansu becomes a World Class player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Because Ansu will never reach the heights Messi did.

Messi and CR7 are exceptional cases. You can pay them extraordinarily high salaries, but not half the squad like the former board did.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
We can look sternly at a couple of current Barca first team players if we wanna talk about overdone and undeservedly high wage demands, not first and foremost Messi.

Be that as it may, Messi's alleged greed was not the straw that broke the camel's back for Barca's financial situation. There are a lot of things to be angry about in this saga, but this is not top of my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans