Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

The only athlete I've ever seen leave money on the table is Tom Brady and his wife's net worth is almost twice his.

You pay transcendental players whatever you want and can to keep them. The rest you keep in line.

But that logic you should argue that Messi should be a billionaire because he's *subjectively* the greatest of all time.

But this is the real world and many people will be put off but that fact. Not the fact that he is a player that can become a billionaire, I mean look who sponsers PSG jerseys :lol: But it's more that the money is obscene and in this world that's crazy. Why he could do many to help the country of Argentina on that alone :lol: No one in his country should be growing up like he did if he had that money and power.

Messigician

Barcelona will still have to pay Messi a loyalty bonus of ?39M despite not extending with the team and joining PSG.

[El Espa?ol]

Zzzz

Devils

Messi: My wife and I encouraged each other to tell the kids that we were leaving, we needed to find the right way for that because we had told them in December that we were going to stay in Barcelona

Messi: My dad was with Laporta all morning and when he came home he told me, I was really frustrated and then I had to prepare myself to tell my wife, then we cried, and then we had to tell the kids. We felt really weak

malvolio

Not sure who to believe in this saga TBH.

Best case scenario - Laporta was naive or stupid for believing he could pull it off. Doesn't absolve him for lying and the way Messi left.

Worst case scenario - Laporta knew what he was doing as that was his plan to kick start the new era. He could really have the best interest of the club at heart longterm, but that's no way to treat Messi.

Loyalty bonus for leaving :lol:

Neymar thought him well.

He didn't leave, contract was fulfilled so clause gets triggered.

Last edited:

XaviV

4. Laporta and Messi reach formal agreement on 5 year contract, with payments being structured as to leave the biggest part of the amount at the end of the contract

How generous from him and his greedy father. 4 years of fleecing the club wasn't enough , another 4 or 5 years were needed.

Again, this ridiculous "loyalty" bonus scheme type of thing.

Messi, say you don't care about the club in any meaningful way (anybody will have tears after spending so much time in some place, this does not mean much) and just want to win the CL. This is way more honest than what is going on.

serghei

Best case scenario - Laporta was naive or stupid for believing he could pull it off. Doesn't absolve him for lying and the way Messi left.

Worst case scenario - Laporta knew what he was doing as that was his plan to kick start the new era. He could really have the best interest of the club at heart longterm, but that's no way to treat Messi.

He didn't leave, contract was fulfilled so clause gets triggered.

So you give him a fat loyalty bonus for fullfilling a contract he was already bound to fullfill anyway?

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans