Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laplacian

Yup, we paid some bums to get results like the above instead. It was never about money with Laporta. Not in such a way that a deal couldn't be struck with Messi staying 2 more years and retiring here.

It was never the plan to keep him as we moved into a new era.

bro it was a joke chill

Blinkfloyd

For many old timers like me. Barca went through some serious shit during the late 90?s . It was only after the arrival of Ronaldinho were the club fortunes reversed. Ronaldinho was instrumental in development of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.
Xavi, Iniesta played 2-3 seasons before he arrived and were really not the elite level we revel in them today.

Messi was amazing during his early days and upto 2015. It is not coincidence that many of his non questionable Ballon ?r or came in early 2010?s. He used to run , press do all the things expected of a professional football player.

The issue is after that.
For some reason it began to feel like he was bigger than the club , he ran the dressing room, coaches were shit scared to rest him.

Amazing player but never a captain or a leader. My issue with him is that he put himself first before Barca. I am a Barca fan first and foremost.

If Barca fans don?t understand how his contract ruined us you should really think of the state we are in right now. Even signing 50m player is out of our budget.
I keep seeing Ter Stegen out, Busquets out , Alba out, Pique out. Yea ok agreed they are declining and we need replacements. But you can?t reinforce the entire lineup in one season. Remove them and replace with whom. A player with better quality than Pique/Alba/Busquets costs Money.

If last 2 Barca games are an indication. Pique is critical to defense.
Now the previous management is responsible for 50 percent of the Blame.
You can say the management offered that etc etc.

But folks we are talking about Barca history here , legends who put the club above themselves.

Blinkfloyd

Barca was on life support since the departure of Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Mascherano. The true leaders of the club which won everything.
They were happy to work hard for the team, played for the badge didn?t go chasing after the limelight. It came to them automatically.
As time went the life support got expensive and this season we could not afford that life support anymore.
That life support is Messi. We probably would have finished top 4 and got through to round of 16 with him on the team.

If I had to exchange one person from Barca with one person from RealMadrid.
I would have gladly exchanged post 2015 messi with Fiorentino Perez.

Blinkfloyd

No Fiorentino Perez specifically. I don?t believe Bartomeu had the clubs best interests in mind. He would have found another way to ruin the club.
We needed a strong club president to tell players ?no? this contract is not good for the club.
Ready to take the heat from the fans instead of Bartomeu hiding behind money.
Anyways a hypothetical situation. Perez is Real Madrid he loves that club.
I think Bartomeu would run for Real Madrid presidency if given opportunity.
I always still absolutely abhor how Perez stole Figo from us.

Last edited:

Blinkfloyd

Barca - Cryuff is a love story.
Barca - Messi was an abusive relationship with Bartomeu enabling it.

Many fans still feel we can?t do better than Messi. Literally everything we did in the last 6 years was to appease Messi and nothing else.
When team lost always someone else to blame (Busquets, Pique, Alba)
Even Pique recognised this and didn?t take a pay cut until Messi left.

Then Messi complained that Pique betrayed him because he didn?t take the pay cut sooner.😂😂😂
I am glad it ended one way or another.

KingLeo10

Some of the posts in this thread read like Messi was a 2nd rate bum.

Hilarious how a player who hasn't been professional for 7 years now (according to our latest troll Binkfloyd) has managed to amass ~ 1,000 G + A for this club, and end up with indisputably one of the top 3 individual + team trophies CVs in football history (I would argue the best combined, but you can throw in Pele and CR7 in the mix too).

Completely fine to dislike Messi, but to call a player who averaged about 47-50 goals (and 10-20 assists) a season just from 2016 - 2019 when he was not even a professional footballer is textbook trolling.

Raketa10

Some of the posts in this thread read like Messi was a 2nd rate bum.

Hilarious how a player who hasn't been professional for 7 years now (according to our latest troll Binkfloyd) has managed to amass ~ 1,000 G + A for this club, and end up with indisputably one of the top 3 individual + team trophies CVs in football history (I would argue the best combined, but you can throw in Pele and CR7 in the mix too).

Completely fine to dislike Messi, but to call a player who averaged about 47-50 goals (and 10-20 assists) a season just from 2016 - 2019 when he was not even a professional footballer is textbook trolling.

This forum and his owner benefits from number of posts and increased activity so you shouldn't bother about this. Trolls are apparently more than welcome her so no one should bother what some professional trolls write about Messi. There are people who will shit on everyone because it's in their blood. It's not worth bothering. For some people 11 league titles in 8 years was not enough and now if we reach TOP 4 it will be a major success. We will learn in time that years we have witnessed under Messi and Co. ware something extraordinary and won't be repeated so easily.

Some of us remember unsuccessful periods between Cruyff's and Ronaldinho's Barca. Let's just remember that before 2006 Barca won CL only once in club's entire history. For us, older fans, it's much easier to appreciate times we have witnessed between 2005 and 2019. In contrast, some younger people think that the level we had for almost 15 years is something ordinary and easy to achieve.

Last edited:

Blinkfloyd

Why is all the success because of messi? There were plenty of world class players in that team.
Point of fact Spain 2008 Euro - 2010 WC - 2012 Euro. That team was literally Barca. Except Ramos and Iker
If it was messi which bought all this success why didn?t Argentina have that success then?

So all success is because of Messi is just not true at all. I am not a troll and gain no kicks out of shitting on Messi or making people mad.
I am equally entitled to my opinion as others are.

Raketa10

Why is all the success because of messi? There were plenty of world class players in that team.
Point of fact Spain 2008 Euro - 2010 WC - 2012 Euro. That team was literally Barca. Except Ramos and Iker
If it was messi which bought all this success why didn?t Argentina have that success then?

So all success is because of Messi is just not true at all. I am not a troll and gain no kicks out of shitting on Messi or making people mad.
I am equally entitled to my opinion as others are.

Who is claiming that it was all because of Messi? Name me ONE person in this forum who is claiming Messi won it alone? This is a team sport, it's always about the team! Messi was without any doubt our brightest star and our best player but no team in the world can't win shit with only one player. In addition to that a football club also needs to have a world class manager, capable president and high financial strength to be successful in the long run. No one sane can claim that Messi or Pele or Maradona or Ronaldo or Ronaldinho or Jordan or Lebron or Kobe won anything alone. Why are we even discussing that nonsense???

Last edited:

Blinkfloyd

Well you see you are right.
Barca would have won a lot of trophies with that team even without messi.
Messi needed that Barca than Barca needed Messi.
Messi just made it look better.

As I mentioned he is a win more player
If team is awesome he makes it even more awesome
If team is doing bad he just makes it a lot more worse.

My point is that Barca didn?t need to be in the situation we are currently in because of the outrageous contracts to Messi and Friends.

malvolio

Messi in La Liga was like 80% of our output. He had numerous performances that won us games. You just needed a good support cast for him to get us over the line, in most years.

When he had a great support cast we also dominated in Europe.

Of course Messi couldn't do it alone. It's one thing to have telepathic understanding with the best RB ever in Dani Alves and another thing having Semedo as RB partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans