Lliga: (El Clasico) FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-1

beogatts

Raki/Masch/Iniesta midfield it is and should be...

Alves/Pique/Mathieu/Alba defensive line is alright...

Messi/Suarez/Neyboy will destroy them...

Come on boys, we got this!!!

agreed to use the same lineup. it is gud enuf. finishing against casillas current form, no worries.
but plz lucho if mathieu is shaking in the first half, sub with bartra awrite. :vermaelen:

raki

Very difficult game. The return of Modric worries me. Ramos is corners is also a problem. A win would be great because of the Atletico away game.

Kerrybai

Very difficult game. The return of Modric worries me. Ramos is corners is also a problem. A win would be great because of the Atletico away game.

I'm not even looking that far ahead, we still have to play Celta Vigo and right after the international break too.

Hmm, I'm thinking this will be Madrid's line-up:

-------------------Casillias-------------------------
-Carvajal-------Pepe-----Ramos--------Marcelo-
-------------Kroos------Modric--------------------
-Bale-------------------------------------Isco-----
------------Benzema-------CR7-------------------

The thing is that we play right into the hands of a mid-field like this (especially seen in the first Clasico). However, I feel that there are a few overlooked factors that can affect this match.

1. Ramos and Modric
Everyone automatically assumes that they both are back to their best. But it is important to note that neither of them have had too much match practice after the injury. Granted, Modric did play quite well at Schalke, but right now he's nowhere near his early season form, and we could be lucky because of that.
Ramos, I have a doubt that he'll be anywhere near his best. He just came back from a torn hamstring, that's one of the hardest injuries to shake off and come back to your best. (Messi 2013 a perfect example of the same). These are major Madrid players that we're talking about.

2. Carvajal vs. Neymar
We have to hope that Neymar actually can get the better of him. He was the MOTM last time that we played them, and he was thwarting every effort from the left with heart, and it hurt us a lot. Neymar has the tendency to play in big matches, so hopefully this match-up turns out well for us.

3. Our right vs. their left
This is arguably the biggest factor of the match. Isco had a brilliant game last time out, but at the form Messi is in, he'll have to curb his offense and focus in defense. Alves also needs to be at his best to keep CR7 out of the game. If marked properly, we can make him go MIA. I believe everyone will already know about this.

4. How Mascherano plays. (And the mid-field battle)
He barely offers much in offense apart from some great cross-field balls, but his defensive abilities, covering and leadership abilities. Will be important to deal with cutting off supply to their forward line, as they can be average without proper support.

We also need Iniesta at his best (but he has a tendency to play well in big games, he's slowly but surely getting better), not the prime Iniesta (who was up there with Zidane) but a world-class Iniesta. If he's playing well, we can push Kroos more back and expose him. He's playing well in the circumstances but he's nowhere near becoming the greatest CDM, which we must expose.

Rakitic was asked to play a Xavi-like role in the beginning, but now he has been getting more attacking freedom which is bringing out the best of him. His telepathy with Alves-Messi has been steadily improving. There is a marked improvement from the horror game he had against PSG and he plays well against Madrid.

Mido

Rakitic seemed to be very tired at the end of the game against City.

If Mascherano plays like yesterday, I would have no problem putting him as a DM. If he plays like against Rayo, we will be in world of hurt and trouble.

Neymar also showed signs of fatigue.

Key to the victory will be to force Real to play at Barcelona's pace and avoid their counter attacks at any price.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
If we create so many chances against them like we did against City, Cassillas will have to have the game of the season to save RM.

Mido

Assuming Mascherano's performance against Rayo was just an incident :

--------------------------------------------Bravo-------------------------------------------
----------------------------Piqué-----------------------------Mathieu---------------------
--------------Alves-------------------------------------------------------------Alba--------
--------------------------------------------Mascherano------------------------------------
-----------------------------Rakitic----------------------------Xavi-------------------------
--------------------Messi--------------------Suarez----------------------Neymar---------

One thing is very likely to happen anyway :Rakitic or Iniesta will not play 90 minutes. That would be suicide considering Rakitic's physical performance and Iniesta's conditioning.

Xavi, with Rakitic and Mascherano covering him, will offer more control than Iniesta. He dictates the pace incredibly well.

Neymar shouldn't play 90 minutes either.

Real Madrid's tacics will be to defend with a 4-4-2 formation and counter-attack and/or try to outplay Barcelona , attacking with a 4-3-3 formation.

Egert

Estonian Culé
We will see the same starting lineup like we saw vs City. That is sure. Hopefully Ney improves his finishing and other people on MSN too. 2nd half vs City was like a more resting thing so we should have everyone ready for El Clasico. This will be a very nervous game, but we will see a great atmosphere at Camp Nou I believe. Our defending has improved so we should be able to control them in attack. But they will definately have their chances and we need to make sure we don't let them score those. We handled Agüero very good against City, all options he had was to make some long shots.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Hopefully we can create as many chances as we did last night. If we do and Casillas doesn't have a great game then we will take a huge step towards the title.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
The mosaic for when the players come out:

RM_mosaic_1000x563-eng.v1426764706.jpg

Antimadridista1

I just hope that Madrid will have some balls, play like they do every week and not park the bus . It would be a shame.
I can't wait for sunday. I have a pretty good feeling. We'll score at least three goals past them.

I

instinct

Biggest and most important of the season so far. We'd have 4 point advantage with only 10 games to go. We could lose one game and still be at the top which is absolutely crucial considering that the CL quarters will be played between Sevilla away, Valencia at home and Espanyol away which is probably the most difficult week in the remaining part of the season. A win would makes things a lot more comfortable. It'll be a spectacle with various chances on both sides. Heart-attacks are guaranteed :lol:

bongo128

Few vantage points before the big match.
1. Games vs Shalke and Manchester city should not be taken much serious in account. We are on better run of matches but that can easily change as we've seen in Real's current form.
2. Let's not overestimate our defense and attack and Real's bad form. We are still vulnerable at the back to fast counter attack play/dead balls and Real Madrid knows how to exploit that.
3. The pressure is equal on both sides but Real have more to proof. They can easily turn the tables psychologically with a win and will have the motivational edge.
4. Winning the midfield battle with Modric in and without Busi will be tough. We'll need lot more energy than the city game in midfield and we must stay compact and press.

The game of course is 50/50. I think if we stay concentrated and calm in the back and be aggressive and efficient up front we have all it takes to take a win but it will be extremely tough match.

Home of Barca Fans