Luis Enrique

If Puyol's part of the coaching staff, that should help with the authority part. Which should already be better than it was this year since Enrique's also a club legend, meaning the players will listen to him.

onzeXI

There seems to be a lot of love for Lucho at the moment BUT has he REALLY achieved anything substantial. LOVED him as a player (in fact we could do with an all action type player like he was) but as a manager he hasn't really been a success.

All these things mentioned would be great but he seems a prickly sort of character and if things don't go his way he seems likely to lose his rag and just walk away.

He is a gamble, a risk for sure.

Suppose if we win La Liga this season and Lucho wins nothing next season??????

Do we hire a new manager AGAIN???????????????

At Celta, I would think he has done much better than anyone could have hoped. At Roma, he tried to mix in the "Barca way" with the "Italian way" and wound up with a style that many Roma fans hated. I followed Roma during that season and while the players said all the right things about supporting him, I was never convinced. Whether it was because of strong personalities like Totti and Derossi, and head cases like Osvaldo, from the viewpoint of the casual observer, he didn't seem to be a strong leader. He is going to be in the same kind of situation with Barca vis-a-vis strong personalities, but maybe things will be different since he is far more comfortable in LaLiga than he ever could have been in Italy. Only time will tell.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
There seems to be a lot of love for Lucho at the moment BUT has he REALLY achieved anything substantial. LOVED him as a player (in fact we could do with an all action type player like he was) but as a manager he hasn't really been a success.

All these things mentioned would be great but he seems a prickly sort of character and if things don't go his way he seems likely to lose his rag and just walk away.

He is a gamble, a risk for sure.

Suppose if we win La Liga this season and Lucho wins nothing next season??????

Do we hire a new manager AGAIN???????????????

I don't recall Pep doing anything of note as a manager prior to the Barca job. And before you say he was the B team coach, so was Enrique and, arguably, Enrique did as good of, or even a better job of it.

B

beautifulgame

I don't recall Pep doing anything of note as a manager prior to the Barca job. And before you say he was the B team coach, so was Enrique and, arguably, Enrique did as good of, or even a better job of it.

you realize tho, that doesn't really make a case for lucho right? you haven't made a positive argument yet. you basically said, "that one manager with a very short CV from the club worked, so you cannot say that this one doesn't have a chance."

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
you realize tho, that doesn't really make a case for lucho right? you haven't made a positive argument yet. you basically said, "that one manager with a very short CV from the club worked, so you cannot say that this one doesn't have a chance."

Yeah I get that. I'm just saying we should give him a chance, especially because no other option available is better than him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Not arguably, not in any way shape or form did Lucho emulate Pep's work with the B team...The team that Pep & Tito brought from the bottom of the 4th division to Segunda B in one season...It's a foolish comparison, Lucho was handed a winning team...All he had to do was not screw it up, like Eusebio did

Galning

Not arguably, not in any way shape or form did Lucho emulate Pep's work with the B team...The team that Pep & Tito brought from the bottom of the 4th division to Segunda B in one season...It's a foolish comparison, Lucho was handed a winning team...All he had to do was not screw it up, like Eusebio did

Exactly. Some people even say Pep's achievements with the B team were better than what he did with Barça.

jamrock

of course luis did a good if not better job with the B team as pep, he took the team from the Segunda B to top of the second division, all while playing grear football and developing talents, just like pep did.

if we are asking if he was as tactically innovate then thats a different question

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
of course luis did a good if not better job with the B team as pep, he took the team from the Segunda B to top of the second division, all while playing grear football and developing talents, just like pep did.

if we are asking if he was as tactically innovate then thats a different question

Nonsense, Enrique inherited a machine that never looked as good as Pep's version

Exactly. Some people even say Pep's achievements with the B team were better than what he did with Barça.

It's pathetic but we've gained a lot of young posters in the last couple of years who have little knowledge about even the recent history...The muppetry continues in many threads

jamrock

Nonsense, Enrique inherited a machine that never looked as good as Pep's version

HA!

keep telling yourself that, has I said pep's team was more innovative he is pep after all, but what luis did with the b team by taking themt the segunda B to 3rd in the second division matches easily what pep did with them. from was as good or better than what pep achieved by taking the team from the back waters of 4th division to the back waters of Segunda B.

to repeat pep's B team better tactically more innovative
but luis barca B match or better it in his own way

and thats not to say luis football was poor in anytime of way.

and I watched both teams.

Barcilliant

Yeah I get that. I'm just saying we should give him a chance, especially because no other option available is better than him.

Really. SUPPOSE Barca win the league. How about giving Martino complete freedom to do his job. I feel Martino has been like a one legged man in a footrace this season. He has been handicapped and strait jacketed by one and all. Add to that bad luck and injuries and we'll never find out whether he could have done the job with the right conditions.

They were discussing Lucho on Revista the other day. They said he has his own visions about evolving tika taka which has been trying a bit at Celta.

- he wants to have a different type of no 9 for Messi to play off

- a more physical midfield (hence the interest in Pogba)

- defenders that are actually defenders

- full backs that get up and down the pitch

In terms of his managerial style/personality, Balague described him as a mixture between Pep and Mourinho. His ideas and style are from the Pep school but he has the ruthless authoritative personality of Mourinho.

A lot of this is simplistic and probably bullshit but its interesting to hear anyway.

Have Revista interviewed him? This has been the wishlist of every sensible fan for the past 2 seasons. Don't be surprised if we end up with TitoV2.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
HA!

keep telling yourself that, has I said pep's team was more innovative he is pep after all, but what luis did with the b team by taking themt the segunda B to 3rd in the second division matches easily what pep did with them. from was as good or better than what pep achieved by taking the team from the back waters of 4th division to the back waters of Segunda B.

Inherited a winner, nowhere near the same...Did any of Lucho's players become key 1st teamers like say a 4th division player in Busquets?...Only Eusebio derailed what Pep/Tito started...Watching doesn't equate to understanding, clearly

jamrock

Inherited a winner, nowhere near the same...Did any of Lucho's players become key 1st teamers like say a 4th division player in Busquets?...Only Eusebio derailed what Pep/Tito started...Watching doesn't equate to understanding, clearly

at the time when luis players were to be transitioned into the team, pep left and the emphasis on bringing through barca B players dropped.

watching indeed does not equate to understanding.

did any player become key like busquets :lol:, great insight.

also ignoring the fact that barca bartra,thiago,muni, most of those players really were never barca first team quality.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans