Luis Enrique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
A good manager is supposed to adapt and work with what he's got, no? He obviously won't play with Neymar and Messi as wingers unless he's really stubborn and looking to self-destruct. Rational way to go is to keep Messi as false 9 and sign a tall striker for plan B. Unless, of course, Messi is sold this summer. But sporting reasons aside, I still don't see it happening as he's our golden hen and is probably worth even more than 250 mil. of his buyout fee.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
A good manager is supposed to adapt and work with what he's got, no? He obviously won't play with Neymar and Messi as wingers unless he's really stubborn and looking to self-destruct. Rational way to go is to keep Messi as false 9 and sign a tall striker for plan B. Unless, of course, Messi is sold this summer. But sporting reasons aside, I still don't see it happening as he's our golden hen and is probably worth even more than 250 mil. of his buyout fee.

It is clear that Messi will continue as false 9, but Villa type striker who can play not only as CF but as a winger is quite possible and necessary.

Irish_Cules

The ideal player to sign would basically be a young left footed Thierry Henry....somebody who could play as a no 9 but also on the left.

L

linetty

Immobile would be perfect but he is heading to Dortmund apparently.

serghei

Why not 2 man upfront and change the formation into a 4-4-2 diamond which would be flexible enough to be 4-5-1 or 4-3-3. Messi at CAM behind Ney and new striker and we keep the 3 man midfield behind him while Alba and occasionally a new RB can bomb forward causing trouble on the wings

You would need a top-top striker for that to work. And there aren't any on the market.

L

linetty

:lol: I am starting to like him too, hopefully he will give Rafinha a lot playing time as well.
No need to worry about that :)

@uMirin, Juan Iturbe is listed as 1,69 which makes him 1cm shorter than Messi. We need a real #9, someone who can actually head the ball into the net. Don't make the same mistakes all over again.

Alarcón

Home of Barca Fans