Luis Enrique

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Didn't you know, silly? It was all Messi who won the league. Why Messi didn't do it the season before or ever since is obviously irrelevant but Tito definitely had 0 influence when he made those tactical, game-changing tweaks like 4-2-3-1 Messi behind Alexis against Osasuna, 3-4-3 against Granada or 3 substitutions + Messi and Cesc behind Villa that completely turned the game around against Sevilla from 1-2 to 3-2 within 10 minutes. Everyone knows Messi alone is enough to win a league title with 100 points.

Well said. Tito was a great coach and tactically sound. IF it wasn't for the health issues we'd be in much better shape today and doing well under him. He would have stayed on for a long time and given us stability (the players liked him). The only thing he really lacked was motivational skills and sometimes he would stick to the same formula for too long.

Most of the negative things I said about him at the time was wrong and I take most of it back.

jamjamjam

anyone remember the rumours (pre-tata martino's appointment) that the senior players were against the idea of hiring lucho?

Mitchell1978

Didn't you know, silly? It was all Messi who won the league. Why Messi didn't do it the season before or ever since is obviously irrelevant but Tito definitely had 0 influence when he made those tactical, game-changing tweaks like 4-2-3-1 Messi behind Alexis against Osasuna, 3-4-3 against Granada or 3 substitutions + Messi and Cesc behind Villa that completely turned the game around against Sevilla from 1-2 to 3-2 within 10 minutes. Everyone knows Messi alone is enough to win a league title with 100 points.

Messi played the most important part in barça winning the league but off course others did too, plus we had a great start under Tito only when he fell sick things started to fell apart (league was basically won by then).

F

Flavia

Bartomeu didn't deny meeting with Oscar Garcia, so he might be looking for a replacement for enrique. I think he'll go if he doesn't change his methods, and I can't see enrique doing that. Too stubborn.

Interesting. Now I think it was Suarez who said Lucho was the worst coach he ever played under.

That's another Luis Suarez. The one who won the bdor in ths 60's.

Kohe321

The way Bartomeu answered the question on Messi and Lucho having a fight sort of 99% confirmed it.

If the team have another crappy performance against Elche, and then another against Atletico dropping more points, I can easily see him getting sacked. Especially now that elections are confirmed and Bartomeu needs something to make him popular. Clinging on to Lucho under these circumstances would not do that.

BBZ8800

If the team have another crappy performance against Elche, and then another against Atletico dropping more points, I can easily see him getting sacked. Especially now that elections are confirmed and Bartomeu needs something to make him popular. Clinging on to Lucho under these circumstances would not do that.

I posted this in the elections thread:
Also, does this mean now that the pressure is not anymore on Lucho?
= new board is coming in 2015
-- so, a new coach NOW would only be a caretaker, like Carles Rexach stepping in in the last 7 rounds in 2001 instead of sacked Serra Ferrer.
And like in 2003, when Van Gaal has been sacked in January, during his 2nd Barca's spell.
Radomir Antic jumped in till the end of the Season.

So, imo, we can't get "a serious" coach right now :/
Only a caretaker till the end of the Season.

So, it is looking even worse for this Season, currently.
= it is either Lucho or some caretaker without a club
But the future is much brighter, that is true.

Whom can we get now? Oscar Garcia the only candidate probably.
But he had health problems.

Kohe321

It will be completely worth if it means getting a new board, new directors and a new manager at the end of the season.

Also, if Lucho really has lost his players as badly as we think, getting an interim manager wouldn't necessarily mean that the rest of the season would look any darker for us. On the contrary, it could spark some enthusiasm in the players to fight for trophies in a season where the fans no longer expect them to win any, with the optimism of knowing that things will get better in the summer.

Messi_Goal

The fact he never had the players in training the week leading up to a game should be a sackable offense imo, Its unprofessional and sets a bad example... Its appalling management.

Egert

Estonian Culé
So read from Estonian paper that translated from Marca that Leo and Lucho got into fight because Leo didn't get free kick cause he was fouled. Then Leo went to Lucho after training and almost punched him but then Superman Ney came and saved the day. Is there any article about that in Marca?

F

Flavia

So read from Estonian paper that translated from Marca that Leo and Lucho got into fight because Leo didn't get free kick cause he was fouled. Then Leo went to Lucho after training and almost punched him but then Superman Ney came and saved the day. Is there any article about that in Marca?

Almost punched him? :lol:

Man, people really have wild imaginations.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe

Where did you read that? :ohmy:

Got to love estonian newspapers...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No such thing in MARCA and even if it was then believing Real Madrid's mouthpiece is the last thing anyone should do.

Home of Barca Fans