Luis Enrique

bismp

After today's glorious event,IF(that's a big if) Lucho wants to stay as a manager,he really needs to improve...a lot!
Let me explain to you my thoughts:
-Barto wants to stay,so he needs to convince the people.His chances are already slim and will become even slimmer ifBarca fails this season under Enrique.So,if Lucho fucks it up again,Barto will fire him immidiately and hire a new guy,before the elections.
-Also,the chances are that all the other candidates are going to fire him and bring a new coach,especially if lucho fails.So,the only way they decide/are forced to keep him,is that not only the team improves,but also Lliga/CHL.(Like Pep-Rossel)

He's going to fail anyway :lucho:

F

Flavia

His "stupendous" man management put him in this position.

If he had done the logical thing, and started Messi in Anoeta, Messi could rest tomorrow, to be fresh against atletico. Now he'll start the next 2 games, unless enrique really wants to be sacked. A real genius :lucho2:

L

linetty

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117
Barcelona’s players noticed that Luis Enrique manages the dressing room from afar, sending his psychologist and fitness coach instead.

Luis Enrique doesn’t go to the players dressing room, the footballers think he’s arrogant and acts like an egotist.

Lucho told the Catalan press he was going to take disciplinary action, and Messi discovered it, it’s why he’s irritated.

Messi received offers from seven different clubs, including from Italy (probably Inter), including Mourinho’s Chelsea.

Overall, Messi is uncomfortable at the club as long as Luis Enrique is there. All the info from @arevalo_martin.

Cadena Cope confirms Bartomeu has been in contact with Oscar Garcia and the dressing room welcomes the idea.

Fibonacci

It will be an unpopular thing to say, but I really hope Messi hasn't been stirring up things. Players should not think they're above everyone. When they do, it's too late. A coach is the one who decides, even when those decisions aren't the best - ultimately he's the one bearing the responsibility for the team.

Not saying Lucho has been great, but his authority shouldn't be undermined.

Chong Li

It will be an unpopular thing to say, but I really hope Messi hasn't been stirring up things. Players should not think they're above everyone. When they do, it's too late. A coach is the one who decides, even when those decisions aren't the best - ultimately he's the one bearing the responsibility for the team.

The problem is, Luis Enrique (besides his tactical ineptitude and arrogance) has ZERO leadership quality. He's just a bully.

This kind of coach doesn't work with world class players and proven winners.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

I doubt Messi has been doing all the dictator thingie... Even if the rumors are partly true, I would still look into the bright aspect of it. Every one, including Johan Cruyff himself, opined that there would be ego-clashes emerging in the dressing room if Neymar was bought, but then Messi-Neymar bonding has been a silver lining amidst all this chaos bull-shit spread by the media!

The point is... Messi would never harm Barcelona man. If Messi-Neymar stay buddys and Suarez does jell in well, with a few good transfers next year, the club could be back to its stature that it enjoyed three years ago man

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The problem is, Luis Enrique (besides his tactical ineptitude and arrogance) has ZERO leadership quality. He's just a bully.

Never been a fan of Lucho but there is nothing at all to suggest he is a bully.

Fibonacci

How do you know? Based on the rumours? If Messi goes up to him after practice and continues mouthing off about some tackle made in practice, he has every right to react by benching Messi. If Messi doesn't show up to practice, of course he should be punished.

F

Flavia

The complaints are not just from Messi, but all players. If you believe the press, because that's what they're saying. That all players are unhappy, because they don't understand enrique's methods, or his tactics, or anything he is doing. Also that he doesn't go to the dressing room, but send his assistants there, to talk to the players. Messi wouldn't hurt Barcelona(he'd leave before that), but Enrique is hurting the team.

Home of Barca Fans